“best breakfast ever” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 98 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Description: After a well-earned hiatus, the buzzing restaurant reopened in late March, with a reinvigorated menu bursting at the seams with the freshest, trawler-to-table and paddock-to-plate produce that Far North Queensland has to offer. Pairing the infectious energy of the inspired international street stall, souks and bodegas, with QT sophistication, Bazaar has been running at full steam since opening 18 months ago, serving up a veritable mosaic of foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner to thousands of guests and Port Douglas locals alike. QT Port Douglas is a unique designer resort that celebrates an eclectic design environment and bold entertainment to create an intriguing yet relaxing guest experience. A beacon for design, art, style and luxury, QT Port Douglas resort has been operational since May 2012, has since positioned itself as the Far North's very own purveyors of fun, leaders of style and masters of indulgence.
townsville
“best breakfast ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

such array of lovely and different ideas for brekky, and presented uniquely, Mango smoothies, porridges, muesile oats, banana bread and chocolate sauce, didn't need to eat again till dinner

Visited July 2013

Melbourne
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great dining experience. All staff were exceptional, very friendly, relaxed and more than happy to help. Food was excellent - if you like a buffet where flavour is king then this is the place to come. Such great variety and the chefs were fantastic in recommending combinations that I wouldn't have thought of, which worked really well. You have to try the steak - cooked to perfection! Special thanks to Chef Brad for making our final night in Port Douglas one to truly remember.

Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Breakfast buffet is like no other. Fresh fruit in ample supply was wonderful. Choices of hot foods were plentiful. But if you desired an entrée not seen there, they have a chef on hand ready to cook whatever your heart desires. Sunday morning was busy with quite a few people placing an order with the chef and I was impressed as I watched him treat each person like they were the only ones asking a special request of him. Dinner was also impressive with the different selections offered. The chefs were visible and answered peoples' questions with respect. They also had a good sense of humor, which is a personal plus for me. All in all, the food was fantastic and the staff all seemed service oriented and went out of their way to make sure I had all that I needed.

Sydney
“Amazing...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Enjoyed an early dinner in bazaar on our last night in port douglas and have to say this was a fantastic dining experience.
Such a different concept to anything else that is offered in the area, fantastic seafood and salads to start followed by the best ribs, beef cheeks and made to order salmon I have ever eaten. The chefs (special mention to brad and alex in the kitchen) do a fantastic job interacting with you and are more than happy to cook up whatever you feel like. We were warmly greeted on arrival and the service throughout from the wait staff (thanks Anton) was fantastic. Will definitely be returning when next in Port.
Don't forget to try the cocktails in the bar... Awesome!

Melbourne, Australia
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were told by locals upon visiting Port Douglas that the QT resort has a wonderful interactive Buffet that we should try.

When we arrived at the restaurant to make a reservation for dinner, we were told by Bar staff that we needed to make a booking at the restaurant. When enquiring about making a booking was told by senior chef on duty at the time to go back over to the bar as there were no wait staff around. (The chef was very cold and dismissive)

After waiting in line at the Bar for another 10mins a bar staff member sent us back to the restaurant to make the reservation with the restaurant shift manager, where we finally got a reservation.

We arrived at the restaurant for dinner at 6.00pm and were told by the chef that we could only have the salads and seafood as the hot entree and main section would not be set up or ready for 20 min.

We started with the cold entree's which were prawns, oysters and mussels in a glass unit on ice. (A help yourself scenario)

While getting the entrees we asked the chef for spoons for the condiments and was told by the same chef as earlier that it was not his area, we would need to see waiting staff for assistance.

After we had eaten our cold entree, we moved on to a tasting board which had tempura prawns, scallops and pork belly. We were disappointed to find that the pork belly had no crackle, but the flavour was good.

Next we went on to mains, the paella was dry and tastless. The pork ribs were not nice to eat-meat was dry and stringy, sauce was very basic. Not a good flavour.

The salads were good-tasty and fresh.

I ordered a steak medium rar with the chef, but it came out well done and was next to impossible to cut or chew. It was a sirloin minute steak.

Next I ordered the Atlantic Samon from one of the younger looking chefs looking after the mains area, I asked for it to be cooked medium rare. After 20 mins I went back to the same chef I had ordered with and was asked if I had ordered one yet. After a little back and forth he took the Salmon out of the oven and said it may be a little overcooked. While I was looking at the dried crusty peice of salmon, he offered to cook me another peice which I was happy with it was lovely.

The wood fire oven pizza tasted better than they looked, the bases are too thin (like pitta bread) for my liking, the topping sent them soggy after a couple of minutes.

The petite desserts and cheese selection were lovely though.

After dinner had been finished coffee was ordered. When the coffee arrived it was cold, we wdvised staff of the problem and another coffee was made fresh. We were apologised to from the waiting staff and told that they were very busy in the bar area.

I really like the idea of the Interactive Buffet, but you need key people who can interact properly. (Especially the chefs, as they are the ones who are take your requests and cook your food in front of you.)

Our dining experience was "POOR" due to a shallow, undertrained group of chefs.

I understand that it is always a gamble, dining out on a Monday night and hope for the resorts sake that mine was not the experience the weekend diners recieve.

Regards