Just wanted to share a really bad experience at the Port Sea Resort Port Douglas. I think people have a right to know what they may be up for.
At a cost of approx $1200 per week and a 4-5 star rating as part of the Mirage chain of resorts, the PortSea turned out to be the worst holiday my family and I have ever experienced.
Leaving out all the finer details we ended up changing rooms on arrival due to a leaking roof and were then made to stay for 6 days in a bed bug infested room. I spent mothers day washing every single piece of clothing we (5 people) brought with us.
Knowing nothing about bed bugs, nor that they existed I wasn't aware what we were experiencing. We thought they were tropical mosquitos. We did however speak to the manager and staff regarding what we were experiencing and they, knowing what it could be didn't tell us or deal with the matter for 6 days, so we spent the whole time in infested beds.
After seeing a doctor and being told the cause of the massive reaction my husband had had, we complained and were then treated like second grade people.
We were not even dignified with a response despite multiple attempts to speak to the general manager. We were asked to put it in writing which we then (after months) recieved a reply consisting of a free week to another of Breakfree's hotels as compensation. We were not reimburesd for medical expenses nor for the damage to our cloths from being washed in boiling water. We remained out of pocket to the tune of $350 for these plus our holiday worth a couple of thousand dollars was an absolute disaster. One to be erased from the memory books.
Unfortunately we will not be staying at another breekfree resort by choice. Nor do we think the offering of a free week outside of peak season and not including flights is at all compensation for our loss. a pretty disgusting response to the whole saga. I would think twice before you consider this chain of accomodation at all.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Portsea Resort is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas’ main tourist strip on Macrossan Street. The resort offers hotel rooms, one and two bedroom studio apartments. Facilities include three swimming pools, a waterslide, spas and waterfalls linked by a central lagoon with a swim-up pool bar serving drinks and light snacks, exercise room, tennis court, 24 hour reception, barbecue facilities, breakfast room, guest laundry, internet room, PortSea massage room (by appointment), undercover parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.