My family stayed here for 7 nights during the school holidays in a 2 bedroom apartment (room 89) on the top floor. The apartment is small, but most suitable for a holiday. It was clean and comfortable with a small kitchenette to cook , lovely spa bath and comfortable bedding. it had a lovely balcony where you could sit overlooking the pool.Some may find furnishings a little dated, but it was suitable and comfortable for us. For a family, a lot better than a hotel room! Being on the top floor, we had no noise from units above and we had a lot of light, which I like. I would request a top floor unit again. However, there are no lifts and no concierge so you do need to carry your own bags up stairs which maybe tricky for the elderly. Location is great, a couple of hundred metres to 4 mile beach and maybe a 10 -15 minute flat walk to Macrossan street. there are guest laundry faciities and bbqs spread around the resort. The pool is cool but the spa was warm. My daughter loved the little waterslide. The pools are large. the tennis court was great and at $5 to hire for an hour, very reasonable. They had a tennis coach, Val, who took groups of kids for lessons. My son loved it and went each day. A great way to make friends with other kids. it cost $10 a session which was great value.The breakfast buffet was very limited and it was difficult to get a table and seat. as it being school holidays, it was crowded. There is not a restaurant on site for dinner, but if you wander a couple of hundred metres up the road to peppers after having front desk book a table, you do receive a discount and the food there was great. The rooms are not serviced, but I knew that when booking so not a problem. The staff at front desk were always happy to change towels for us. I really liked this hotel as you had a resort experience and facilties but with the convenience and space of an apartment. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst North Queensland's tropical rainforests, Mantra PortSea is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas main tourist strip, Macrossan Street which offers an abundance of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. For activity-seekers there is a fully-equipped gymnasium and tennis court. The PortSea Massage & Beauty Day Spa offers plenty of opportunity for pampering and relaxation with a full range of massage and beauty treatments. Guest services include 24 hour reception, baby sitting services, a guest laundry, undercover car parking, an internet room, arrival and departure lounge plus our booking services can organise tour bookings to the reef, rainforest and other local attractions. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, DVD player, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. From your courtyard or balcony the sights and sounds of the tropical north will provide a carefree holiday environment for the whole family. Tropical North Queensland is famous for the reef, rainforest and numerous adventure activities that can be undertaken. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. Holidaymakers looking for cosmopolitan sophistication set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea should look no further than Mantra PortSea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas