My family stayed here for 7 nights during the school holidays in a 2 bedroom apartment (room 89) on the top floor. The apartment is small, but most suitable for a holiday. It was clean and comfortable with a small kitchenette to cook , lovely spa bath and comfortable bedding. it had a lovely balcony where you could sit overlooking the pool.Some may find furnishings a little dated, but it was suitable and comfortable for us. For a family, a lot better than a hotel room! Being on the top floor, we had no noise from units above and we had a lot of light, which I like. I would request a top floor unit again. However, there are no lifts and no concierge so you do need to carry your own bags up stairs which maybe tricky for the elderly. Location is great, a couple of hundred metres to 4 mile beach and maybe a 10 -15 minute flat walk to Macrossan street. there are guest laundry faciities and bbqs spread around the resort. The pool is cool but the spa was warm. My daughter loved the little waterslide. The pools are large. the tennis court was great and at $5 to hire for an hour, very reasonable. They had a tennis coach, Val, who took groups of kids for lessons. My son loved it and went each day. A great way to make friends with other kids. it cost $10 a session which was great value.The breakfast buffet was very limited and it was difficult to get a table and seat. as it being school holidays, it was crowded. There is not a restaurant on site for dinner, but if you wander a couple of hundred metres up the road to peppers after having front desk book a table, you do receive a discount and the food there was great. The rooms are not serviced, but I knew that when booking so not a problem. The staff at front desk were always happy to change towels for us. I really liked this hotel as you had a resort experience and facilties but with the convenience and space of an apartment. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Portsea Resort is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas’ main tourist strip on Macrossan Street. The resort offers hotel rooms, one and two bedroom studio apartments. Facilities include three swimming pools, a waterslide, spas and waterfalls linked by a central lagoon with a swim-up pool bar serving drinks and light snacks, exercise room, tennis court, 24 hour reception, barbecue facilities, breakfast room, guest laundry, internet room, PortSea massage room (by appointment), undercover parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas