I was worried about the reviews I'd read before our stay but upon arriving I was wondering what all the complaints were about. We really enjoyed our stay.
We found our room (Number 50 - 1 bedroom Studio) to be clean, airy big enough for the 2 of us. We didn't cook so I can't comment on the kitchen but it seemed very well equipped with a full sized fridge.
The staff throughout the hotel we found to be very helpful & attended to all our needs. We enjoyed hanging by the pool in the heat & using the pool bar facilities. one complaint I do have is that I wish the pool was heated. It was a bit chilly & I feel that the pool bar could be a happening place if the temperature in the pool was a tad warmer - we enjoyed the pool nonetheless.
We ate at the breakfast buffet everyday, it is one of the better free continental breakfasts I've had of late, consisting of bread, muffins, ham, cheese, sandwich press, pancake maker, muesli, yoghurt, fruit & a range of coffee & tea. I couldn't fault it & it set us up well for the day.
We were not worried about it being non-serviced as we read the fine print before paying and we were aware of this. We generally keep our room tidy & don't really like house-keeping around our things, so no problem there.
There is also a spa, gym, tennis courts and beach towels are free of charge & are changed whenever you need new ones.
For the reasonable price we were really happy with our stay & wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst North Queensland's tropical rainforests, Mantra PortSea is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas main tourist strip, Macrossan Street which offers an abundance of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. For activity-seekers there is a fully-equipped gymnasium and tennis court. The PortSea Massage & Beauty Day Spa offers plenty of opportunity for pampering and relaxation with a full range of massage and beauty treatments. Guest services include 24 hour reception, baby sitting services, a guest laundry, undercover car parking, an internet room, arrival and departure lounge plus our booking services can organise tour bookings to the reef, rainforest and other local attractions. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, DVD player, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. From your courtyard or balcony the sights and sounds of the tropical north will provide a carefree holiday environment for the whole family. Tropical North Queensland is famous for the reef, rainforest and numerous adventure activities that can be undertaken. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. Holidaymakers looking for cosmopolitan sophistication set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea should look no further than Mantra PortSea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas