Located just a few yards from the stunning "four-mile beach", and an easy ten-minute walk to the main street in Port Douglas (local shuttle buses stop outside, but we never used them), it is in a good location.
Our 'Lagoon View Studio' room was very well appointed; spacious and comfortable, with facilities for preparing food. The reception area presents a good impression and this is continued in the rooms. Staff are charming, helpful... a real delight!
The swimming pools are quirky or interesting, depending on your view! The main pool ('lagoon') is a fairly narrow strip which starts with a cascade at one end and winds between the accommodation blocks, past the poolside bar, sun-decks, crocodile (sculpture!) little bridge, etc. Interesting for the kids to play but not really any good for swimming. However, it is the proximity of the three-storey accommodation blocks to each other, across the 'lagoon' which presents the only serious negative point …. The noise from the hoard of mainly pre-school children playing in the pool echoed back from the walls across the 'canyon' and was intolerable most days and evenings. Sitting out on the balcony was not a pleasurable experience!
If the sound of screaming children is not your ideal, just visit when there are likely to be fewer children about, or ensure you choose a room not overlooking the lagoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst North Queensland's tropical rainforests, Mantra PortSea is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas main tourist strip, Macrossan Street which offers an abundance of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. For activity-seekers there is a fully-equipped gymnasium and tennis court. The PortSea Massage & Beauty Day Spa offers plenty of opportunity for pampering and relaxation with a full range of massage and beauty treatments. Guest services include 24 hour reception, baby sitting services, a guest laundry, undercover car parking, an internet room, arrival and departure lounge plus our booking services can organise tour bookings to the reef, rainforest and other local attractions. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, DVD player, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. From your courtyard or balcony the sights and sounds of the tropical north will provide a carefree holiday environment for the whole family. Tropical North Queensland is famous for the reef, rainforest and numerous adventure activities that can be undertaken. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. Holidaymakers looking for cosmopolitan sophistication set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea should look no further than Mantra PortSea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas