I booked our stay online over 10 months ago and Antonia was extremely helpful with not only booking our accomodation, but our airport transfers aswell.
My Husband and I walked in just after 10am thinking that was check in time. Fred and Antonia were not there, but Leann was and she checked us in straight away and also gave us a map and marked all the places we should visit during our stay.
We got to our room (number 20, on the 3rd floor) and it seemed really nice. Large and spacious, with a view looking down to the pool. It wasn't very clean though, with quite a bit of dust and no flowers that I had seen other people write about. I then checked the in room book and realised check in wasn't spose to be until 2pm.....I am guessing that's why the room wasn't completely ready, but Leann was too polite to turn us away!
The room was lovely and quiet and a great place to relax when not seeing the sights. The kitchenette was nice and big with everything you need for your stay, although we had to ask for more coffee and sugar as there just wasn't enough for 5 nights.
Everytime we went to the pool, we had it to ourselves and found it a great place to wind down.
We loved this place and we miss it so much already...we are disappointed we didn't get to meet Fred and Antonia but the place was in good hands with Leann.
Will recommend this place to everyone
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinique - perfect for a romantic getaway in the heart of Port Douglas; yet quiet, relaxing and charismatic. Martinique on Macrossan boasts 19 one bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchenette, bathroom and private balcony. Offering accommodation from one night to ninety one nights, this French Caribbean style complex is perfect for those wanting to escape the masses, stroll the beach just metres away, enjoy a BBQ in the lovingly maintained courtyard, or simply want to relax by the delightful pool area. This resort is one of a kind in Port Douglas, quiet, centrally located, charming, accepts one night stays and is child free. If you want to enjoy the tranquility and relaxing nature of this village, you must stay at Martinique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Martinique on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinique On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- Martinique On Macrossan Port Douglas