Stayed here last week, reviews I had previously read about the resort being dated were quite true, can only imagine how it would of been the place to stay when it first opened, such a big resort and not half of it is being used. Reception area was massive but all those couches and no one around, We had a room in the north wing, walking into the corridor we were hit with a damp musty smell, this continued into the room, but after having the air con and the fan on its seemed to go. Couldnt help but wonder if room above us had once had a leak as the celing had all water marks and peeling paint. Rooms we nice enough but again dated. Clean enough though for the time we were there. Pool areas are fantastic but dont think they get cleaned very often and grounds were quite littered, dont know why people cant use a rubbish bin! Brochure in room stated that pillows were special but they were horrible! was tempted to go to target and buy my own. Bed sheets had some stains on them also. I saw that the resort will be undergoing some renovation which is good as I think it has some good competion with other resorts attracting more patrons.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sheraton Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront Resort with guest rooms and private villas on Four Mile beach, convenient to Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest & deep-sea fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.