A beautiful impressive looking resort. Grandness is sadly a little rare these days with holiday resorts. This one certainly has a bit of the old school grandness which is refreshing.
yes it is a little tired due to age, but i think it makes up for it with great staff and just the fact that it is a big place. It has great access to the beach. Can't swim there but beautiful to walk along in the mornings and evenings.
The pools are wonderful. So many, ones nicely heated close to the swim up bar. Great activities for the kids with the obstacle course.
Even the day visitor facilities on offer are very good from what I hear.
A little old in terms of the bathrooms and toilets but it is to be expected I think.
One thing I did notice was that there seemed to be an unusual amount of confusion amongst the pool bar staff about who's order went where. It is great that the staff serve you poolside and you can walk up and order or hail down one of them and place your order but we constantly kept seeing lost looking staff asking around for whos drink was whos and wondering where to drop off food at the eating area.
I also felt that the till at the bar by the pool was under staffed. Or there was only one person that knew what was going on and he was stressed out with having to deal with so many queries from other staff. he did a great job and hey I wasn't in any hurry at the time. A better order management process would make for a better impression to the guests I would think.
Overall I would definitely go back there again. When you have a young family you don't want to have to go anywhere to do stuff. Here you can just relax... and hang out at the resort and enjoy the lagoons for hours and really feel like holidaying without the need to rush and go out and explore etc etc.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel
- Sheraton Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront Resort with guest rooms and private Villas on 4 mile beach, convenient to Great Barrier Reef & deep-sea fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.