A big corporate resort surrounded by what look like empty timeshare villas, suggested as a last minute option by our travel agent in NZ. On site golf course. The 'lagoons' are really extensive and artificial landscaped salt water swimming pools which had to substitute for the nearby sea which you can't actually swim in for half the year (October-May?) because of jellyfish.
Restaurant excellent but expensive, but then $A8 for a beer anywhere in the area seems extortionate. Wonderful buffet breakfasts. Plenty of other eating options 15 minutes away in Port Douglas, with a good shuttle bus.
Large comfortable room with balcony, good air-conditioning and ceiling fan. Operating a sensible scheme where if you didn't require your room to be serviced every day, they knocked a bit off your bill. Staff and service were no problem. Some renovation needed but not serious.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel
- Sheraton Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront Resort with guest rooms and private Villas on 4 mile beach, convenient to Great Barrier Reef & deep-sea fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Expedia, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.