We recently stayed here on Melbourne Cup weekend and after reading some poor reviews I was really worried we would not enjoy our stay. So I tried to cancel my wotif booking but unfortunately there was a 'no cancellation policy'. I wasnt impressed with that inflexibility and when we arrived and the lady checking us into our room lacked customer service (no smile, couldn't find our booking, didn't tell us anything about the facilities eg. like where breakfast was), I expected everything else to follow suit. Fortunately for us and for the Sheraton Mirage, it didn't.
When we first walked into the big open 'dated' lobby it gave us an idea of what to expect all round but what we didn't notice until later was that every little detail was not left to chance... The attention to detail is what makes this place great!
We were taken by golf buggy to our room by a lovely porter who told us all about the resort facilities, took our bags and was extremely pleasant and professional. We got inside our room and I felt like pulling out my vinyl records and playing Madonna's Material Girl... The rooms are dated like everyone says, but when I looked closely, it was very noticeable that it was extremely clean - in fact spotless! No dust on the louvres on the bathroom door, not a spot of mould in the bathroom, no a thing out of place. Only disappointment was two big bird dropping on the outside of our windows. The room was big and comfy, and the pools were the same.
Acres of lagoon pools and plenty of deck chairs. The only thing lacking was not enough time for us to take off work to stay longer!!! The buffet breakfast was great! The fruit in the buffet was amazingly fresh and delicious. No real coffee, just percolated - a small downfall.
I will definitely return again. They even offer a $15 rebate per night for opting to not have housekeeping visit your room. Not only did we save money, we also did our little bit for the environment - a fantastic initiative Sheraton! We could see signs of a pending renovation and I can't wait to see how it goes. I highly recommend this place, renovated or not!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel
- Sheraton Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront Resort with guest rooms and private Villas on 4 mile beach, convenient to Great Barrier Reef & deep-sea fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Olotels, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.