We've been coming here for the last 5 Years, and I was truly hoping that when we arrived this year that the upgrade would have been a lot more evident, alas, arriving at the front gates was an indication that not a lot had changed.
Upon arrival at front desk, the staff appeared to have been having a bad day. I don't think any of them cracked a smile. Arriving at our room we realised how little had changed. Its still "pink" and still has all the old Pixie trimmings of corroded gold tapware. All rooms do however now have the Sheraton Signature beds - sweet sleepers which really are a beautiful bed and they also all have large flat screen tv's.
We are quite different to the majority of opinions and dislike the ground room rooms as they are lacking in privacy and are far too noisy, especially if you are around the main swimming/play areas and instead always request a top floor room. The particular room type we are given also includes a lovely balcony which is beautiful to enjoy by day and evening.
The room in general though I would have to call "shabby". The carpet as you walk in in worn through and there are marks on the carpets. The carpets in the hallways between the wings is also showing its age badly.
We totally love Sheraton Hotels and choose to stay in them all over the world when we travel, & we would probably still come back here, but, given the renovations at the Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast, I really had expected more on this visit. I may have set unrealistic expectations, but I certainly think that there are too many other places up here in Port Douglas for people to put up with this standard of accommodation for the prices they are charging. (We are unfortunately visiting in school holidays, so the prices are reflective of that time) and this is reflected in the standing the Mirage has in this listing. once it would have been The Number 1 place to stay, now, 30th. WOW, what a fall. I hope it can make it back into the top 10 again, or it may end up a real white elephant. Room 1313, lovely aspect, great privacy - just ignore the carpet.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sheraton Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront Resort with guest rooms and private villas on Four Mile beach, convenient to Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest & deep-sea fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.