Our 6 day stay at the Ramada did not begin very well. We were placed in a disabled room - very small with bathroom containing fittings obviously for people unable to toilet or shower without assistance - and an unpleasant smelling linoleum on the floor and up part of the wall. While I admire the resort for providing this very necessary facility for people with physical disabilities, it was not at all what I was requiring or indeed wanted! We requested a change of room and were told they were fully booked. Tried again the following day and late in the afternoon were provided with another room.
The pool is fantastic and there are plenty of chairs and lounges to relax in. There are lovely trees to provide shade as well.
Eating was overall quite disappointing. For breakfast we were given 2 options - express or full American. The express was just cereal and toast - no fruit, which was disappointing. The full was the usual self service you see in any hotel. There was no change to either menu during the time we stayed. Dinner was pretty ordinary - although there were 2 specials each night. Unfortunately they usually sold out very quickly! The biggest disappointment was the night we ordered one seafood special to share between my husband and myself and waited ....... and waited .... and waited for 90 minutes! There were 4 couples in the restaurant at the time. No excuse nor apology.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Ramada Resort Port Douglas Hotel
- Mercure Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Mercure
- Treetops Port Douglas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a topical oasis .... Located a short walk from Port Douglas' famous Four Mile Beach the Ramada Resort Port Douglas provides a laid back tropical oasis set amongst relaxing rainforest gardens. The centerpiece of the resort is the heated tropical lagoon pool complete with waterfall and swim-up bar. The resort surrounds a unique pocket of Melaleuca rainforest, free flowing waterways and delightful lily ponds. Large barramundi can be seen swimming in the ponds, native birds and Ulysses butterflies with the iridescent blue wings make the gardens their home. Ramada Resort Port Douglas is the perfect base to just kick back and relax or for those who wish to get out and experience the World Heritage rainforests, Great Barrier Reef or the many attractions, tours and activities the region has to offer. Spacious and air-conditioned rooms, on-site restaurant and bar and the modern resort facilities all combine to make the Ramada Resort the perfect choice for your Port Douglas holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Ramada Resort Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.