We selected this place as a reasonably priced option for a family stay (2 adults, 2 kids 9 & 11). We booked the family room which turned out to be two huge rooms, one with two beds, one with a big double bed, the kitchen and lounge. The rooms were spotless, the beds comfortable and the kitchen had enough gear (pots/pans/electric cooktop/microwave etc.) to make self-catering for the 4 of us very easy.
The place was an easy 15 minute walk into town,the kids did it easily. The included breakfast was simple (toast, cereal etc.) but made up of high quality products. The rooms were cleaned daily and kept spotless.
The pool was ideal for the kids and we used the free bikes a couple of times.
Where this place stands out from the crowd is the hosts, Jim and Penny. More lovely, friendly and helpful people you will not find anywhere. They know everything there is to know about any tourist activity in the region and can organise absolutely anything you want to do.
The pool ended up being out of action for 2.5 days due to leaks. Jim and Penny organised a complimentary family day pass for us to one of the flash resorts up the road, giving us use of their lagoon complex and lunch, to make up for the inconvenience. A very generous and much appreciated gesture.
This place cost us about half as much as a stay at one of the nearby big resorts would have. It was spotless and comfortable and Jim & Penny helped make our stay in Port Douglas a very relaxing and enjoyable family holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rates are for 2 people. Maximum 4 people per studio. Set in tranquil tropical garden surrounds with saltwater pool and waterfall. Relax and enjoy the quiet setting with a barbeque beside the pool. The staff at our free tour desk can advise on tours to the reef or rainforest and beyond, which ever suits your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lazy Lizard Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Best Western