My Wife and I stayed at the Lazy Lizard for four nights during our month long trip to the east coast of Australia.
The hotel is great value and the owners Jim & Penny are fantastic hosts. They went out of their way to help us (helping to plan our trips, showed me how to snorkel in the pool and even called local restaurants to book us a table). The room was spacious and very clean. The pool is small yet perfectly adequate and clean; it was a lovely relaxing place to have a swim.
Location-wise it is a little way out of the centre of Port Douglas, but not a problem if you have a car or don't mind a 20-30 minute walk.
The only improvement areas we would suggest would be for hot plates/ a hob in the room and for the free wifi to be a little faster.
Overall we had a fantastic time in Port Douglas, loved staying in this hotel and would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rates are for 2 people. Maximum 4 people per studio. Set in tranquil tropical garden surrounds with saltwater pool and waterfall. Relax and enjoy the quiet setting with a barbeque beside the pool. The staff at our free tour desk can advise on tours to the reef or rainforest and beyond, which ever suits your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lazy Lizard Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Best Western