My husband and I had the great fortune to discover the Lazy Lizard. The hosts, Penny and Jim, made us feel like we were members of their family. We arrived about 7:00 PM, and Jim drove us into town to acquaint us with the restaurants and locations of things we would be interested in. The Lazy Lizard is about a mile from town, and a shuttle bus stops in front of the hotel.
Our room was spotlessly clean and spacious. The kitchenette area is fully equipped with anything we might want to use, if we had decided to cook. There is also a barbeque outside with a lovely eating area by the pool. There is also free wifi in the rooms, which are well air conditioned.
We were very close to 4-mile beach, so we walked to the beach and then walked to town. Jim had arranged tours for us, so we would finish up in town, and then take the shuttle back. In addition, Jim arranged the most incredible snorkeling tour with Aquarius. They took such good care of us, and personally fitted me with a mask, as my mask was not properly working, I had concerns about the trip, because there were divers on it, but Jim and Penny both assured me that it would be a good experience. Both my husband and I thought it was the best snorkeling excursion we ever did. We also went to the Daintree Rainforest and a Sunset Cruise with the same company (arranged by Jim), and everything we did was with competent and caring guides, and done with great attention to every detail.
I chose the Lazy Lizard because of the lovely reviews on Trip Advisor, but our experience far exceeded my expectations. Jim and Penny thought of every detail to make our stay comfortable. We had checked out the morning we were taking our snorkeling trip, and when we returned, there was a comfortable place to change and shower, and Penny insisted on making us a cup of tea. We travel very often, but staying at the Lazy Lizard was one of the best experiences of our trip to Australia.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rates are for 2 people. Maximum 4 people per studio. Set in tranquil tropical garden surrounds with saltwater pool and waterfall. Relax and enjoy the quiet setting with a barbeque beside the pool. The staff at our free tour desk can advise on tours to the reef or rainforest and beyond, which ever suits your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lazy Lizard Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.