We normally stay somewhere more reasonably priced when we visit PD but decided to splash out for our anniversary. We booked a penthouse apartment and it was definitely worth every $.
The apartment was well laid out and spacious. Appliances were high quality - I particularly liked the ice maker! The bathroom was gorgeous, with a deep free standing bath, dimmable lighting and lovely L'Occitaine toiletries. Plenty of towels for the 2 of us, with towels provided for the pool too.
Upstairs was the roof terrace with plunge pool and spa. You can't swim in the pool (maybe kids could do a couple of strokes!) but it was lovely to sit in the pool and look at the view. We could see across to the distant ranges with palm trees rustling around us and parrots circling overhead.
There was a dining table and chairs on the deck and an undercover kitchen area with sink, fridge and BBQ so you didn't have to keep walking downstairs to the kitchen.
The location was good, on the quieter end of Macrossan Street, a few minutes walk from the beach. Zinc restaurant over the road was excellent for dinner one night. They provide parking under the building. My only disappointment was the $10 a day charge for Wi-fi.
Overall a really well thought out and maintained complex.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Grove Apartments Hotel Port Douglas
- Coconut Grove Apartments Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A heavenly retreat awaits at Coconut Grove, tropical north Queensland’s newest and most luxurious Port Douglas accommodation.Situated just 140m from magnificent Four-Mile Beach, divine views of rainforest, mountains and blue seas can be enjoyed in absolute privacy from a choice of 33 glamorous holiday apartments. Fully contained and complete with their own outdoor entertaining terraces which extend seamlessly from sophisticated living areas, our Terrace Pool, Balcony and Penthouses are so self-contained, you will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Grove Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.