“Great for our 9 year old” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: A FAST FUN EXCITING BOAT RIDE JUST 15 MIN TO THE LOW ISLES REEF! Then one and a half hours of spectacular snorkelling in shallow protected water, followed by the 15 minute boat ride back. All up, this is a 2 and a quarter hour reef trip that will give you half a day to do something else and you won't get sea sick! (From 2014, we will also be doing half day outer reef trips).
Sydney, Australia
“Great for our 9 year old”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great half-day excursion, and perfect for a family snorkel. No long boat trip, and friendly and attentive assistance from the skipper. Saw lots of fish, and there's plenty of beautiful coral if you look. Equipment was in good nick. Couldn't be easier.

• Hebrew first
Devonport, Australia
14 attraction reviews
“A perfect outing to the reef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I did copious amounts of research on all the reef trips available from Cairns and Port Douglas and we decided on 'Reef Sprinter' in Port Douglas and were rapt that we did! We were staying in Palm Cove and the drive itself to Port Douglas was a treat.

We chose this trip for a number of reasons:

1. I am very prone to seasickness and had read so many horror stories on TripAdvisor about others being ill on their way out to the reef. I couldn't stand the thought of being on a boat for up to two hours each way feeling seasick.

2. We also felt that a whole day out would be exhausting and liked the thought of just a half day.

3. We actually liked the idea of having a ride in a jet boat!

4. The price was excellent (no hidden extras like other cruises)

5. And ....... we really liked the thought of being in a small group rather than one of perhaps hundreds.

Well ........ the trip was perfect!!! We were so fortunate to have a glorious sunny morning with calm waters. Reef Sprinter is a family run business which makes it more personal and we were made very welcome. After being given our stinger suits (as it was the season for stingers) we boarded the boat at 9am.

The trip out was fun and we moored at a small landing. Each of us were given our snorkelling equipment and helped into the water. From there, it was like entering another world. The colours of the fish were amazing!! And there were plenty of fish to see. I saw a huge crayfish and beautiful starfish but the real highlight was swimming with turtles! I followed one of these beautiful creatures for ages and it was such a memorable experience. He was not bothered that I was right next to him. I think he was even curious. Eventually he met up with another turtle and it was a delight to watch them swim around together.

After an hour and a half, it's time to head back. Believe me..... an hour and a half is enough! You actually get quite tired swimming around. For us, it was the perfect amount of time. (They offer noodles to help you float which I took and the noodle was great!)

We were quite tired when we returned but thrilled with the whole experience. It was great to still have the rest of the day to enjoy lunch in Port Douglas and wander around the delightful main street and its shops before heading back to Palm Cove where we were staying.

Overall, a truly memorable experience that we can thoroughly recommend!

Sydney, Australia
“Snorkelling with Reef Sprinter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had a fabulous few hours on the reef with Reef Sprinter. Sidney, our "captain", was very knowledgeable about the reef and very friendly. The speedboat was fantastic as it made the 25 minute journey such fun. The boat, stinger suits and snorkelling equipment were all in excellent condition and looked almost brand new to me. Yes, a trip definitely to be recommended. Good value!

Melbourne, Australia
“Great service! Friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Sam at the front desk is a very lovely lady, also the reef trip is great fun! And worth every cent! Good for young blokes too! And if your a bunch of 18 years olds like us then sam will make your trip even better

Torquay, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic for first time snorkellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have never been snorkelling due to the fact the sea and everything in it scares me. I couldn't see the point of getting up at half 6 in the morning to go on a Loooong boat journey, throwing up to try put snorkelling. Instead we got up at half 9 had a pleasent mini bus journey for an hour and went on the 12:30 trip. So worth it. Only 15 Mins to the snorkel point and the boat ride is half the fun. Our skipper Rob was knowledgeable, funny and confident which filled me with confidence. I told him my fears but he just chuckled and then I was in. It was amazing. The only thing I wanted to see was a turtle and I saw loads !!!
Thank you for providing such a perfect opportunity, the 90 mins in the sea was just right. Some people said they saw reef sharks as well.