“Not great” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Saint Arnaud, Victoria, Australia
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I ordered take away through the website (Menulog), the advising message was that the restaurant would contact me with a pic up time. I waited well over half an hour and then called the restaurant to see if the order had been received. The staff member who answered was friendly and said the meal was ready to pick up. I arrived about 5 mins later - but had to wait another 15 minutes. I ordered butter chicken (which on their website menu claims to be the best in Cairns), rice and naan bread. There were 5 bits of chicken in the container, that still had chewy, bony bits on them, the sauce was reasonable though... and the naan bread was just ok. I personally won't order food from here again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
rohitw23, Owner at Tandoori Oven, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi Sir

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed that you had a very bad experience at our restaurant. The menu log service on our website is still in the developing stage and it does have problems with it. The menu log is a service which is not provided buy tandoori oven but buy a third party. We don't call any person who orders through tandoori oven as we only get a message of your order through menu log about customer name and code number. Menu log give you the as,e code online of your order confirmation and menu log calls us to place your order and menu log collects the credit card payment if you pay online and gives that money to us after a week. The butter chicken that we provide at our restaurant is first thigh peaces and boneless. So if you had chewy boney bites in the butter chicken then I am sorry it is not our butter chicken you are talking about. I have a feeling it is some other restaurant you have picked it from our I think with the menu log experience has made you wright this review which I do apologise. Hope to improve menu log web site so that this delay in order does not happen again.

“Great staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Average food but the staff is über friendly. Food was kinda bland. Loved the ambiance too. We ordered a Thali, some naan, Aloo Paranthas, vegetable biryani and Malai Methi Matar. The Malai Methi Matar and the breads were good but the thali and biryani were really bland. I guess you are better off ordering individual entrees here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cairns
“Good service. Food was okay but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The price was reasonable and the table service above average. The food was certainly acceptable but nothing special. We ordered 5 meals as a centre serve. The beef was so salty we couldn't eat it. Perhaps this dish is traditionally eaten this way but if that's the case they should note on the menu that it is very salty. The meals are generally around the $20 mark which is very reasonable, but I would'nt mind paying a little more for improved quality and taste.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Always a quality dining experience for both food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I have dined at this restaurant for about 8 years both at the previous location and the current location for girls nights, family dinners & with my partner. It is a family run business & has always been amazing value for money (is byo as well as licensed), quality of service is excellent (they have wait staff but also you are always seen to by one or both of the owners) and the food is awesome (has kept us all going back for this long) and of all my experiences here I cannot fault anything. It is a favorite of mine and many of my friends and I can't recommend it enough. Hope u get to experience it and u enjoy it as much as we all do!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We liked the food. Staff is friendly. Would recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere