“Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
aus
“Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Great local Cafe, using local produce when ever possible.
Very friendly and welcoming, just what you need when having professional appointments at Flecker House.

Visited April 2014

Cairns, Australia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been a long time customer of this coffee shop as it is just around the corner from my work place, however after today's expereince I will not return.

I made a phone order in order to save time as I had previously discovered going to the shop and ordering took forever. I was told 15 minutes and my order would be ready for pick up. I requested a salad with no olives.

Upon arrival to pick up my order I had to wait an additional 15 minutes whilst my order was being made. It wasn't even started before I arrived and watched in horror as my salad with no olives was made with olives.

Additionally the selection of cold drinks and beverages which is at times poor was even more so today.

I am afraid that whilst the food is generally nice and prices are reasonable, today's expereince was the icing on the cake for me.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
north coast, nsw
“good little find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Nice quiet little cafe tucked away on 2nd floor of Flecker House. Found on way to medical appt & now go there anytime when in Cairns. Nice coffee & cakes (with fresh cream!) plus lunch menu & meals look good. Pleasant owner

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cairns, Australia
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My friend and I went their as we had business there and had to go somewhere by 1pm. That gave us about 1/2 hr to get a quick bite to eat and sit down and relax while eating our toasted sandwich...well so we thought!!!
I ordered Chicken, Avocado and Pesto toasted Focaccia. We waited and waited and waited. Looked like we weren't going to sit down and eat it. We had to eat it on the run!
Eventually when I got my focaccia it was warm, stodgy and tasteless. Yuk.
Not impressed and won't be going there again. Oh, and it was expensive!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
“A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Finding this place was a real treat. It is a smaller area than some cafes and up on Level 2 of Flecker House but the food is great. Prompt service by the owner himself and all the food is freshly made to order. There were some cabinet pies and cakes but sandwiches, wraps, toasted or not, are fresh with wonderful tasting ingredients. A blackboard menu gives a good range to order from and it was a pleasure to be able to eat food which is not mass produced and tasteless. Good coffee made by a recent hospitality graduate complemented the food. Iced water was offered which was so welcome in that heat. Others there were having a quiet read of papers, some obviously waiting between appointments, others (staff I would think) popped in for their "usual" - everyone was greeted in a professional, courteous and welcoming manner. Unfortunately only found at the end of our stay otherwise it would have become one of regular places for lunch.

• Visited June 2012