“Fabulous food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

A beautiful setting on the waterfront. Service was very friendly but a little slow at times. Food was worth the wait. The seafood chowder was amazing. Calamari was lovely and tender and not tough at all. The barramundi was fabulous as there was also squid, prawns, calamari, lobster claw and much more. Would recommend to anyone.

h123987s, Owner at Dundee's Restaurant on the Waterfront, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hi Wendy, Its always nice to receive a good review but the main thing we like to hear is that our guests enjoy our food and have a good time at the Restaurant. Thank you

CAIRNS
“Won't ever be going back.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Went to this restaurant the other night with my family & thought it was terrible. I'm a local & had never been here so was excited to go at first. The staff were terribly trained & we had to ask everytime we wanted drinks & then had to ask to order as we were just ignored by staff. The atmosphere was dark and dingy & we felt very squashed in there. The entrée I had was the duck spring rolls and weren't too bad my main on the other hand smoky chicken penned was horrible. Looked like something you would through together on a Sunday night when your desperate for tea. I couldn't even eat it. I can't believe this place is always so busy ! Waste of money.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
h123987s, Owner at Dundee's Restaurant on the Waterfront, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
I was very sorry to hear on a recent visit to our Restaurant that you didn't enjoy your meal, or the service. I take all feedback seriously and in order to help with our training could you let us know the night you dined. I have questioned the staff who worked during the past week prior to your review and no-one has any recollection of anyone complaining about the smoked Chicken penne, or bad service. Had you raised these issues on the night we could have addressed them immediately. It would help us if you could also let us know which staff member served you, and we can then arrange more training if necessary.

As you have stated that you will not be returning I'm not sure what I can do to compensate you for your meal. I do look forward to hearing from you so that I can take the matter further.

Cairns, Australia
“Loved my lobster ♡”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Partner brought me here for a romantic dinner. Atmosphere was great, service was exceptional and the food was amazing especially the bbq lobster!!! Staff were all so lovely and special thanks to our waiter tash. Will definitely be coming back and I will recommend dundee's to everyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Anna, thank you for posting a review of our Restaurant. Our seafood is fresh and sourced locally and it was nice to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to our Restaurant. I hope we see you again one day.

Coolum Beach
“Top service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Position on the water is great. Very big restaurant but plenty of staff to service tables. Not a long wait time for anything and food was delicious. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014
h123987s, Owner at Dundee's Restaurant on the Waterfront, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Good morning Joy, thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Restaurant. I'm very glad that you visited our Restaurant enjoyed your meals.

Tina Wort-Owner/Manager
Cairns, Australia
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Hi Tina,

I just wanted to thank you again for fitting us in the other night, we had a great time and a lovely meal!

My mum and her cousin were so impressed and said it was the best calamari they have ever had!

They also recommended Dundees to their friends, who are also from Melbourne and they went for lunch the next day. 

Thanks Tina, we will definitely be back!

Jenny

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Jenny, we do get very busy but try and fit everyone in if we can. I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed their meals and I look forward to seeing you again one day.