“Good lunch spot” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
australia
“Good lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have had my past three lunches here which is something that I would not normally do as I like variety but sometimes when you are onto a good thing, why not!
There is a good variety of lunch meals for $16. I have tried the octopus salad, the Cajun crusted ocean trout and a prawn wrap - all were good. The prawn wrap was beautifully toasted with your choice of four fillings and the Cajun trout had beautiful flavours. I have not seen a bad looking dish yet. Only criticism is perhaps due to the popularity at busy times there might be a wait for food but when you are seated in a beautiful spot - what's the rush.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Cairns
“Best lunch in Cairns?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This restaurant is great for dinner but I must say Dundees is one of the best places for lunch in Cairns. I have lost track of the number of times I have been there, had lunch with family, friends, colleagues or taken international groups there. The meals are excellent, service is efficient and friendly and the views are unsurpassed. I've probably tried everything on their lunch special menu 3 or 4 times. Do try the mussel spaghettini or ribs. Yum!

• Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I had 2 meals here as after the first time we just had to return.
The staff are friendly and attentive but not so much that they are in your space, the menu is great and the food was magnificent.
We both had the Barramundi Supreme on the first night and couldn't have asked for more, the serving was huge and the 'Barra' came with roasted sweet potato, mussels, scallops and calamari all in a tasty cream sauce.
The Oysters Kilpatrick were some of the nicest I have tasted.
On our second time I again had the Barramundi but my wife had the Seafood Platter for One. It consisted of Mud crab, Crayfish, Oysters, Mussels, Fish Pieces calamari and other things i'm sure I have forgotten. She loved it but there was too much for her to eat.
Highly recommend

Visited October 2013
Yanchep, Western Australia, Australia
“One of the best seafood platters ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have had seafood platters all over the world. As platters go, my previous favourite was in France and my favourite crab was dungeness in the US and Canada. Last night, this platter took the new number one spot for me. The mud crab was delicious as were the bugs. My starter was the seafood chowder. Heavenly! The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. Had a very friendly Kiwi girl taking care of me. Pricing is typical Aussie. Could be a shock to Americans visiting. My dinner was $97 including 2 bevos. Definitely a place to go if you like seafood!

Adelaide
“Amazing quality food, local beer, local seafood, 5 star service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We enjoy eating 5 star and we enjoy eating seafood; we absolutely loved it here; ate here 2 nights out of the 3 we were in Cairns. Our waiter was amazing, so professional, knew everything -took us through specials etc.

we got seafood platter and mussels and it was all amazing! sure it is pricey, but i cant say its not worth it because it is, great value and they definitely give you alot of food if your sharing a platter,

location is great right on the marina overlooking the water, very peaceful.

this restaurant is really popular though so i recommend making a reservation or you will be waiting a while.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere