“Seafood delight” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Seafood delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We went to the restaurant having been on a trip over to Green Island so we picked a place close to the wharf. We walked along and decided Dundees had the best menu to choose from. We went for the seafood platter to share, whilst it was an expensive choice the amount of different things made it a good option with the combination of hot a chilled seafood, i particularly enjoyed the scallops with pancetta.The only complaint we had, and this was common for most restaurants throughout our trip to Australia, was the limited choice of meals for the kids. Other than that we had a great meal.

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Cairns, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We dined here as a package after a sunset cruise on Trinity inlet. Being a set menu we had a limited choice but it was still interesting. We both had the seafood Chowder which was very flavoursome and had lots of seafood in it, one of the best we have had. Second course was Wild Barramundi on Sweet Potato and a beure blanc sauce. I felt that it was a strang choice to serve it on sweet potato as it overpowered the taste of the barramundi. My barramundi was cooked to perfection, however my husband's fish was under cooked. Not a problem as the staff immediately took it away and produded another dish cooked to perfection!! Our desart of pavlova was also good.
We were so impressed we can't wait to get back to try the whole menu. The staff were very attentive and we did not feel at any time discriminated against because we were on a package.
It has a great location on the marina.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nth Qld
“Lovely relaxed dining experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

It has been many years since I last ate at Dundees and I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed.I had lunch here with a group of friends and we all chose from the 'lunch menu' at the set price of around $17.00 for a main. I chose the Cajun Coral trout which, although a touch on the small side, was certainly very tasty. Our waiter was very attentive and I am always delighted to receive a glass of water from the moment I am seated without having to ask for it...this practice should be the norm for Nth Qld,dining establishments, but is sadly lacking in many restaurants here. Dundees has a lovely outlook over the water too which adds to it's relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“My birthday dinner with my friend at Dundees Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would recommend this restaurant, it is right on the waterfront outdoor dining, excellent service excellent food especially for overseas visitors having Crocodile etc on the menu. You have access to free parking to dine, and a reservation is a must. The staff are always friendly and I have been there several times but this would be my favourite place to dine.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Great attitude”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff were the friendliest that we found in our two week holiday in Australia. The food was great, we sat outside looking out over the marina. Perfect, romantic, just loved it.

Visited March 2013