“Time of my life!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 84 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
Cairns, Australia
“Time of my life!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I lived in the hostel for 5 weeks and had a great time. My room was big and clean and i met awesome people there. They also have a big breakfast every morning with pancakes. (They even have someone who makes them, so you just have to eat!)
The location is the best you can get in Cairns. It takes you 2 minutes to get to the lagoon and 5 to get to Wholworths. For the price it's the best you can get in Cairns!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cairndow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have been staying at nomads for over two weeks now. I have to be honest and say the people are really nice, but the rooms need a big clean. The air con doesn't go on till 5 pm so the rooms are blistering hot and only one plug in works in the room till 5 pm. The walk way is extremely warm and all the heat goes under the doors and vents into your dorm room. The kitchen has no air con so it's pretty stuffy when cooking. The fridges turn off lots throughout the nights so in the morning when you go to get food it's warm and gross and spoiled. I've had to throw out loads of food because of this issue. When I got back to the hostel today I found that all of my food out of the fridge was thrown into the garbage. my meat, Chinese food, cheese. . . . All gone. So now I have to spend more money to replace and who knows maybe the fridge will shut off again at night. What a load of b s in my opinion. Glad I leave in two days, and never coming back. Do not reccomend to anyone

Room Tip: Rooms 1-9 are beside a warm hallway and the heat goes under your door and vents and keeps your rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Terrible place. We booked two beds in an eight bed dorm, after lugging our bags up the flight of stairs, got to our room to find only one free bed despite having paid for two. Incredibly noisy, filled with disrespectful backpackers. There is no barrier between you and them when they run yelling up and down the hallway ALL NIGHT. Please avoid this dirty horrible place. I have stayed in hostels all over Europe and never had such a bad experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Naha-shi, Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

i have been stayed nomads for 3 weeks.i really like stay here.shower rooms are clean n pretty big,you can use 2 kitchens,you can watch DVD as big screen.
people are friendly specially nomads working staff.you can have new friends here,have grate experience,have remarkable time with back packers who from many different countries.

enjoy your journey.

Room Tip: room 26 is quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was travelling with 4 of my friends and stayed in this hostel for 1 week. We stayed in a 6 share female dorm. I've stayed in this hostel before on my own 3 moths ago. Every day they cleaned the hostel and the room i was staying in. They really improved a lot since my last stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've stayed in this hostel 2 months and I don't regret it ! The location is perfect and it offers many free advantages such as free breackfast, dinner and shuttle from the airport. Staff members are great, they're always there when neened and they know how to entertain us with many awesome parties at night ! It's not a very big hostel so it's easy to meet people and make friends. Rooms are cleaned everyday and common areas several times a day, so it's always clean ! Don't hesitate to book at Nomads Esplanade, you won't be disappointed !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ede, Gelderland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed in this hostel 1 week ago. It was my 6th hostel in Australia already but one of the best I've been. It is not too big and because of everybody was hanging out in the courtyard i made a lot of friends there. It was great that they offered free evening vouchers and the breakfast was also free. I haven't seen that in the other hostels so far. In the evening I went out with some backpackers I met in the courtyard. There was this guy working in the hostel who gave everyone free vip tickets for the Woolshed and free drinks. Saved me a lot of money too haha!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Nomads Esplanade? Share your experiences!