“Best week Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Shops, Adventure
Bishop Auckland, England, United Kingdom
“Best week Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have just done the Advanced Adventurer Course with the CDC and would like to recommend them to anyone who visits this site! I had a great time from the minute I started learning in the classroom and pool right up to being allowed out with my buddy. Our instructor Ethan was great fun as well as really helpful and patient. The crew aboard the Kangaroo Explorer couldn't of made you feel more at home and there was a great atmosphere on the boat! I Have already told people I have met on my holiday as well as everyone back home!

Definately a 5 out of 5 for these guys.

Thanks
Fiona

• Polish first
Sydney, Australia
“CDC Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Cairns dive center gave me one of the best weeks of my life! i just completed an advance dive course with them from the two days tuition with Ethan truman to the four days live aboard on the kangaroo explorer evreything was awesome, the food was great the diving was excelent and the crew were so accomadtating and entertaining. I have already recomended them to people i have met on my travels who are going to cairns THANKS YOU CDC

Sydney, Australia
“4 day 3 night liveaboard with CDC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our trip on the Kangaroo Explorer, had a great time. We didnt have much experience as divers but staff all experienced and it wasnt a problem. Feel so much more comfortable diving now with their help.Accommodation great we had a double bed room with own ensuite which was clean and comfortable. All the staff were so friendly and always helpful,right down from the Skipper Rob to Nedd (smilely butt) to all the guys who help with the dive gear, Frankie for being our guide a few times, Rob the chef amazing gluten free food especially the chocolate muffins. Marie you are so sweet and friendly and always ready to help with anything. Craig diving with you was just amazing you took us to all the awesome wild life and to spend time with Wally the Maori wrasse was just the highlight of our whole dive experience, your DVD's are great, well worth the price for the memories. Weather not so good so didnt see all the dive sites but that not a problem saw Turtles, Sharks, Nemos, Rays, Giant Clams and lots more and of course got to kiss Wally. Great job everyone!!!!! Would do it all again. Francine and Kel.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

CDC are about $150 cheaper than other companies for the 5 day certification course and were so much fun. The accommodation varies but all have ensure showers. We were in a double room and loved it. The crew, instructors, trainees and hosties were all so friendly and by day 2 on the boat we had already extended so we spent and extra days the reef.
The training isn't too rigid and we were very thoroughly taught. The reefs were amazing. Beware of other people complaining on the site about the boat not moving. You can move 100 metres and be in a completely different environment and the boat hovers around what it knows to be great diving sites. We saw turtles, lots of sharks, sting rays, memos etc. others saw eagle rays and manta rays. Coral was amazing. Videographer was very energetic makes a great DVD for $75. Food was great too.
It was a great trip and we intend to return. Thoroughly recommend them.

Newcastle, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Pay more for a better operator”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I recently went on a snorkelling day trip with CDC and were pretty disappointed. One, and of course not the fault of the operators, was the dreadful weather. It was such a rough ride that about 50% of the boat were sick. I feel if we had chosen a bigger operator with a larger boat we may not have felt the motion so much.... However, that was out of their hands.
The biggest let down for us was that we felt our trip was all about meeting the needs of those on the Live aboard tour - the whole day was structured around taking supplies to and from the Live Aboard boat. And at the end of the day we were made to sit in the bus at the CDC storefront for quite some time while we waited for the Live Aboard people to get their bags etc.... We feel our money went more towards those on the Live Aboard boat that on our own needs being met. We have snorkelled at the reef in the past and would recommend going with a larger operator. We would definitely pay more to go with Quicksilver or someone else than go with CDC again.