“Enjoyable” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 111 Tours & Activities in Cairns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: One Great Day at One Great price includes : city bus transfers, 2 spectacular Outer Barrier Reef locations, breakfast, wetsuit hire, 6 hours at the Reef, Marine Biologist Reef presentation, lunch, glass bottom boat, reef levies, afternoon tea your choice of an introductory dive or a certified dive. For people who can’t swim or aren’t confident in the water our friendly crew will take them on a guided snorkelProudly locally family owned and operated.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Vancouver, Canada
“Enjoyable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The trip was definitely one to remember as it was my first time doing the reef. The sites were good, the staff was gloating how the 2nd spot on the tour was a turtle and reef shark haven; none were seen (not something they can control, obviously). Staff was also disorganized, they didn't know who had prepaid for a 2nd scuba dive and who hadn't. If I were to do it again, I would try a different company to see what the difference would be.

Visited January 2013

Dublin, Ireland
9 attraction reviews
“Amazin trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Really recommend this trip! Crew were brilliant well trained and enthusiastic, scuba diving was well worth doing! Felt really safe the whole time! Did your by marine biologist was good but too many weak swimmers in our group slowed us down should be done in 2 groups!!

Benalmadena, Spain
17 attraction reviews
“Awesome, not to be missed, experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

WOW, where do I start?
This is my first visit to Australia and seeing the reef was high on my 'must do' list.
We (travelling with partner) were met on board by very profession, welcoming crew and the day only got better. The journey out to the reef and back again was wonderful, the weather was fantastic, the atmosphere on board was relaxed and very friendly, the food very good and plentiful and sun lotion abundant.
I'm running out of superlatives here. but I genuine had an amazing day.
Realistically, the crew were helpful, knowledgeable and informative, with a marine biologist on board who gave a brief talk about the reef and what we could expect to see.
I would certainly recommend this trip to anyone wanting to experience this natural biospherse part of our planet!!!
Well done Reef Experience!

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Reef Experience out of Cairns.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We really enjoyed the whole trip. I particularly liked the fact that safety was a prominent point made throughout the day. The boat was clean, well equipped and the crew very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was served just after we left harbour - bacon and egg cobs (rolls) they were delicious. Unfortunately some people didn't have their sea legs, and soon regretted their decision to eat breakfast (not me - I loved it). An hour out to the reef, where we snorkelled. Plenty of time in the water, and we got up close to the fish and the coral - FANTASTIC! After about 90 minutes we moved on to the second site, and a very tasty lunch was served. Meats, Salad, and pasta - very tasty! At the second site we again got up close with the fish, and we saw turtles there too. Another hour or so in the water and then a fast ride home. Exhausted but an absolutely brilliant day. I would recommend this trip to anyone. Value for money, and unbelievable memories. Thanks very much.

Visited December 2012
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Reef Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My granddaughter had said to me that now she was becoming a teen she could learn to scuba dive with me. I thought the best place to do it would be Cairns. So we took off for a 6 day holiday. I asked at the hotel desk which tour would be the best and was told The Reef Experience because you got a certified dive, a beginners dive, breakfast and lunch and two stops to scuba or snorkel. I hadn't dived in 4 years so it was a perfect time to do a refresher. The instructor was very patient and I loved every minute of it. Plus I met my granddaughter on the way back up and we waved to each other. I actually saw more fish when I snorkeled and because it was the perfect day weatherwise, we had plenty of time to scuba and snorkel. The food was great and the staff very helpful and obliging. I have to say it was the best part of our 6 days in Cairns and I would recommend the trip to anyone.

Visited December 2012