“Best Value in Cairns” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Il Centro Apartment Suites

You added Il Centro Apartment Suites to your Saves list
Il Centro Apartment Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 - 30 Sheridan St, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Melbourne
“Best Value in Cairns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were allocated a room at the back on level 1. This level had no view, looking at the side wall of the pool, but had the advantage of a nice courtyard area and direct access to the pool area. The room itself had everything we needed and was clean and well presented. Wifi was free but a little temperamental.

The pool area would benefit from filling the planter boxes which were empty of plants during our visit.

On the desk we dealt mainly with young Brendon who was friendly and helpful, and quick to sort out a minor problem we had with our TV.

Although opposite the police station and Law Courts we found the area to be quiet and a little removed (5-10 minute walk) from the tourist areas.

A good value apartment which is probably hard to beat in Cairns, perhaps better suited to the business traveller because of its location. As we were on holiday we would have preferred to be closer to the Esplanade, however apartments we considered in that area were close to double the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dubbo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Management (Warren) very rude when we called to query why we had no hot water in the morning. In the tirade that followed I was asked where I thought he would get someone to fix this at 7.30 on a Sunday morning. The laundry tap leaked and the only way to quieten the sound of dripping water in the laundry tub was to put a hand towel in there. The toaster had to be held down to work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here in June as a couple, for six nights. We were on the first floor on the pool deck level. We didn't have a view - it looked out at a wall that enclosed the pool. The apartment was very clean as were the utensils etc. it was well stocked with all the basic cooking needs. It had a fairly good sized kitchen with a stove top and microwave. The bathroom was big and had an enclosed laundry with a washing machine and dryer which was very helpful as the weather was awful when we were there! It had a comfy bed. It is situated next to the Convention Centre and about a 5 minute walk to the main esplanade, lagoon etc. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kandy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I came to Cairns on a conference visit and the reserving process was taken care by my employer and it went on smooth. The place was really nice and I had a self-contained big apartment suite which is more or less the biggest apartment suite I've been in. It had a mini kitchen with all the utensils, a living area and a big bathroom with washing machine and dryer besides the big and comfortable bedroom. I loved staying there all the time and the pool was an added advantage. The management was extremely polite and helpful.I had my flight at 7.40pm and I thought of checking out at 10am because that was the checkout time on the website. However the management was extremely helpful and let me stay in the suite until I was picked up around 6 for the flight and that was simply going that extra mile to keep us customers happy. I'm really glad I stayed here and would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: pick up a room from second or third floor, nice and quite all the time.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I booked into the Il Centro for a one night stay for work in April 2014. On being dropped off by the taxi at the entrance, I was a little hesitant as the façade was less than impressive. I was met at the door by the manager and staff who were very jovial and polite. After checking in which was a very easy process, I was led to my room. Immediately upon getting out of the lift it was like I was in a different place, there were palm trees inside the courtyard hidden from the hustle and bustle of the exterior. The room was massive, I had a one bedroom apartment which was close to the largest one I have had. There was a slight musky smell (which many tropical north rooms have) but opening the window cleared that pretty quickly.

Overall this place is highly recommended. It is a little dated, but is superbly located for the convention centre. The only reason this stay didn't receive 5 stars is a couple of very minor maintenance issues. I have stayed in places an awful lot more expensive that this in Cairns but will make this my next stop guaranteed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

IL Centro was a fantastic place to stay, the rates were good and it was exceptional value, The guys handled all the tour bookings for us and pick the best of breed from the operators. The rooms are clean, fully self contained and laundry facilities. The location is perfect for a peaceful stay yet close to restaurants and bars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a week in early November. This apartment had everything we were looking for to ensure we had a relaxed stay. Small kitchen, fully equipped laundry, effective air con & an extremely comfy bed. Even though we were a short walk to everything it was extremely quiet. The fact that the main Law Court is directly opposite meant that there was a police presence which made me feel very secure. They are having trouble with the pool surrounds & couldnt be used during our stay. It actually made our stay better by making us go down to the Esplanade pool which is huge & we had some wonderful conversations with people from all over the world. It was quite an experience sharing travel tips whilst hanging out in this great venue! Loved Il Centro!

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Il Centro Apartment Suites? Share your experiences!