“Beautiful apartment, exceptional value!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Il Centro Apartment Suites to your Saves list
Il Centro Apartment Suites
26 - 30 Sheridan St, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
“Beautiful apartment, exceptional value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed for a week in early November. This apartment had everything we were looking for to ensure we had a relaxed stay. Small kitchen, fully equipped laundry, effective air con & an extremely comfy bed. Even though we were a short walk to everything it was extremely quiet. The fact that the main Law Court is directly opposite meant that there was a police presence which made me feel very secure. They are having trouble with the pool surrounds & couldnt be used during our stay. It actually made our stay better by making us go down to the Esplanade pool which is huge & we had some wonderful conversations with people from all over the world. It was quite an experience sharing travel tips whilst hanging out in this great venue! Loved Il Centro!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had a pleasant and easy stay here over the recent long weekend.

The location is fantastic - easy walking distance to everything in the city centre, but remarkably quiet.

My apartment had a large renovated bathroom including washer, drier, bath and big fluffy towels. The kitchen was well appointed and had everything I needed.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. I checked in after hours, and this was no problem - when I arrived they had already made all the arrangements, and they gave me easy directions to get into my apartment. There was no one checking into my apartment on the day that I left, so staff offered for me to stay in the apartment for an extra couple of hours beyond checkout time until I left for the airport.

Excellent experience overall. I travel through Cairns several times a year, and I have had wildly differing experiences with accommodation. This was a good find, and prices are very reasonable.

I'll be back - thanks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place had everything we needed. The pool was closed while we were there but the room was clean and comfortable (great bed). Full kitchen and a washer drier makes it a great option for a longer stay. Close to the centre of town (a five to 10 minute walk to most places including the esplanade). Reasonable rates and the manager was very helpful. Quiet at night. We accidentally left our door ajar while we out all day and nothing was taken from our room. Being across the road from the Cairns Police HQ probably helps make it a pretty safe place to stay. Would definitely consider another stay when we return to Cairns....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nambour, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a very good place to stay for a 4-day business trip for a function at the Cairns Convention Centre, only one block away.

Although slightly dated, my 1-bedroom apartment had everything I needed, particularly a comfortable bed and large bathroom with a great shower and good towels!

My unit faced west on Sheridan Street which was too noisy to open the balcony doors- the only windows in the unit. That was really the only drawback.

Otherwise the apartment was very comfortable, conveniently located to shops and restaurants, and good value for money, with working free wi-fi.

Good for a business trip, but probably not great for a holiday.

• Stayed September 2013
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in July. I was firstly greeted by a nice chap at the front desk who showed me to my room which was spacious and clean. The apartment was well equipped with everything that I could need - I had just spent two weeks in a campervan though so I may have been a bit over-enthusiastic! The pool was out of commission while I was there but this didn't bother me. For me, this was a great choice - central location, super value and really friendly and attentive staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had booked the apartments (almost all the available) for Nov 2012 and due to certain change of plans, had to drop the idea of travelling to Australia. We communicated this to the manager in Sept 2012 and we received a communication, assuring us full refunds as we had informed them on time about this. Yet they deducted 50% of the amount and hardly respond back to our emails. Very Disgusting experience .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Armidale NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The outside of the complex is looking a little tired but The apartment we had was recently renovated and very comfortable.
Staff were very friendly and accommodating of our requests
Fairly central and location great it attending conference at convention centre

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Il Centro Apartment Suites? Share your experiences!