Gilligans is huge. The rooms are pretty standard, the bar/club is fun and where everyone goes in Cairns so nice and easy to walk up the stairs or get the lift to bed when the party is over.
Because the place is so massive the vibe isn't so friendly or familiar. But the free drinks/food offers are good.
Location is pretty good, close to the greyhound bus stop and shops and walking distance to the lagoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gilligan's is the ultimate experience in accommodation and entertainment set in the heart of Cairns. Offering guests stylish backpacker accommodation, nightly entertainment and a relaxed atmosphere whilst soaking up the sun, why choose to stay anywhere else?All room types are fully equipped with full en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning and four floors of communal areas. Or perhaps try our deluxe dormitories; designed to offer that little bit extra. Available in 4 and 6 bed configurations, these rooms offer TVs, refrigerators and some have a private balcony to kick back and relax after a long day at the reef, rainforest or even a lazy day by our pool.Free linen, Free car parking, Free crockery use in kitchens, VIP prices for in house guests, Half price to our international DJ eventsand so much more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Gilligans Backpackers Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilligans Backpackers Hotel Cairns
- Gilligans Backpackers Hotel And Resort