“Turkish to drool over” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Adelaide, Australia
“Turkish to drool over”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were happy to find a Turkish Restaurant on the Cairns strip, did not expect much. The dips were so unlike the usual bland paste as to be mind blowing. The chicken stew was one of the best meals I have had at a restaurant anywhere, any price.the portions were large, nice bread salad and rice served with the main. Our only regret was we found it on our last day in Cairns. Would recommend this place to anyone who wants a taste treat

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
“Authentic food and décor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Was very nice, especially the Iskander Lamb, and we tried the Mousakka and a selection of tasty dips. But staff seemed a little disinterested!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Huge portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very nice place for Mediterranean food! The entrees and mains can easily be shared which means value for the money. Service was good and the atmosphere was very pleasant.

Visited July 2013
Gold Coast
“Maybe the chef was having a bad night!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I don't often give a bad review of any business but this restaurant really was below standard! I was looking forward to a nice meal on our last evening, so decided on Turkish as that's one of my favourite choices of food. I ordered Lamb Shish, my daughter chose Calamari entree, and we also chose Garlic pizza bread. Lamb Shish was 2 lamb kebabs, extremely charred on the outside and very rare inside. I could still taste the burnt meat an hour later, even though I tried to trim as much of the burnt areas off, lucky I don,t mind rare meat or there wouldn't have been any I could eat!. After eating half of it I gave up as rare lamb isn't what I was hoping to eat. The kebabs were served with a small 1/4 cup size plain rice and small Woolworths style mixed leaf salad, no dressing and a tiny dish of tztaziki. I'm finding it hard to believe the "Traditional Turkish " as their name suggests. At a cost $23 would have been okay value if the meal was nice but there was nothing nice about it at all plain rice and lettuce salad not even Turkish at all! Also got a garlic pizza bread, overcooked again and not edible! The calamari entree was okay though a little expensive but edible. The manager must have seen that we didn't eat most of our meal and came out to ask if everything was okay. I'm not a whinger, so I very politely said the meal was not okay. He asked why , I replied that I expect more Turkish style food at a Turkish restaurant, not plain rice, Australian green salad and Greek tzatziki. The lamb was too burnt and the bread also overcooked. He explained he had to make the food to Australian taste, disagreed completely with me when i suggested plain rice, tzatziki and Australian leafy salad was not "turkish" , my mistake as he became quite argumentitive and quite beligerant. Maybe a simple " sorry you haven't enjoyed your meal" would have been better...... At $45 for a bread, a main and an entree, with 2 cokes that were "post mixed" I couldn't call this a meal value, it was definitely not worth eating let alone paying for!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Extreme Turkish experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Beautiful authentic food in large quantities. Very busy when we arrived with no booking, but staff were all very attentive in updating meal progress and made sure we knew we were valued customers. Easily our best restaurant in Cairns!

Visited July 2013