“Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #107 of 148 Activities in Cairns
Type: Game & entertainment centers, Fun & Games
More attraction details
Owner description: Cazalys Cairns AFL Club - Open 7 days a week from 9am - 2am daily. Cazalys award winning club in Cairns- Best Club Far North QLD 2014, Best Football Club QLD 2014 & Best Social Club QLD in 2014. Boasting a world class stadium, ever-changing live entertainment, exciting gaming lounge, home to the chic new restaurant- Barassis (operated by Debbie Maxwell & her team),Barassis Cafe and an out-of-this-world children's entertainment area & Kids Club. The new renovations reflect the clubs commitment to evolving with the times and catering to the changing demands of patrons. So whether you're meeting friends for coffee, gathering the family for dinner or just want to relax and watch a game, your always welcome at Cazalys.
Cairns
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Went the club to watch the Rugby have dinner and a few drinks followed by a play on the pokies. Well that was the plan. On the way to the bar I found a wallet so I handed it into the barman and ordered a round of beers, his response was he had to sort the wallet first, I asked could you pour the beers then deal with the wallet I just found? The answer was NO as he walked away from the bar. 10 mins later he was pouring the beers.... Now there are a number of TVs and I asked could 1 TV be put onto the Super15s for me and my friends (8 of us)? Answer maybe he would look into it... He never got back us so I returned to the bar to get the next round and enquire as to the Super15s and order another round. He stated "Foxtel is down" which was a lie as all the other TVs where running Foxtel (NRL, AFL, Monster Trucks which no one was watching, etc) It all got to hard so I cancelled the drinks order and we left the club heading to a sports bar in town.

We took our money elsewhere.

I'm considering cutting my membership card up

Cairns
6 attraction reviews
“Worst service - less than average meals”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Meals took over an hour to come. Table of 6 but only had 5 meals made!! The staff were very rude and didn't re oder the missing meal immediately - instead standing there being rude to me. Not one of the 5 steaks were cooked as ordered - My garlic prawns when they finally arrived were ok - very basic - prawns on rice with a white sauce and a few green bits through it. Don't wast your time!

Visited June 2014
CazalysCairns, Public Relations Manager at Cazalys Cairns, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hi Taurusa16,
Thank you for taking the time to review Barassis Restaurant at Cazalys.
It was disappointing to hear about your recent dining experience. We will certainly be addressing your issues with the catering company that provides food & service to the restaurant. Let me assure you the type of service you received is not the norm & we hope to see you back again!
Cairns, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Great Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a place to go for good value for money. If you are local and are a member you get good prices on food and drinks. Its nicely set out. I have too say that both times i have had the pork belly both times have not been that great. I roast dinners are a real hit and good value for money.

Hi Nattas29,
Thank you for taking the time to Review Barassis Restaurant at Cazalys. It is good to hear that you enjoy the roast dinners & find Barassis good value. I will pass on your comments to the restaurant about the pork belly for further action. Membership at Cazalys offers discounted meals, drinks & Members only prices on a range of products. The dining, lounge & gaming have recently undergone an extensive renovation/ extension so we are glad to here you think the club is nicely set out.
See you next time you visit!
Ballarat, Australia
20 attraction reviews
“Food &tc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

The meals were hearty and delicious - the prices were more than reasonable - I was able to get a discount as a guest of a member - not sure if this applies to non members. An easy location to get to and well set out - looks fairly new - with a children's zone - and activities such as Bingo and raffles.

Visited December 2013
CazalysCairns, Public Relations Manager at Cazalys Cairns, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hi Lew26,
Thank you for taking the time to review Cazalys Cairns. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us.
Cazalys Members receive members prices & discounts on a range of products as part of our Members Loyalty Rewards program.
Cazalys underwent an extensive renovation & extension recently so a majority of our club is fairly new!
It is great to receive such positive feedback.
See you next time you are in Cairns!
Regards,
Cazalys Customer Service & Relations Officer.
Cairns, Australia
29 attraction reviews
“Very Happy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have been to cazalys several times since moving to Cairns in January & have always had excellent, friendly service. We have had a good variety of choices from the menu & cannot complain about a single thing. Food has always been fresh, tasty & well presented. Good value for money. Definitely recommend.

Visited March 2014
Hi Rozfrom Oz
Thank you for taking the time to review Barassis Restaurant at Cazalys Cairns. Welcome to Cairns!
A lot of time was invested in the planning of the menu by management so it is great to hear you are happy with our tasty & fresh food & you have received excellent, friendly service.
It is great to receive such positive feedback.
See you next time you visit Cazalys!