“Good food for price, just forget about the service.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #206 of 383 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Family Fare, Australian, Asian fusion
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Brothers Leagues Club offer's plenty of options for lunch, dinner or a quick snack at Lanterns Cafe & Restaurant. The popular Buffet features Asian, Australian, Roasts, Desserts, Soups, Salads and even some extra special Ala Carte dishes you can select from to give your palate an even bigger boost!
Cairns, Australia
“Good food for price, just forget about the service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Went on a Saturday night. Huge selection of hot and cold dishes. I really enjoyed the food and I certainly think it is worth it's value. Saturday nights are supposed to be a seafood night I think, but if you are like me and are gluten free and don't like seafood, there are still a lot of options. Dessert isn't really worth mentioning, I preferred to just fill up on the hot dishes instead.

On service, our table wasn't dressed with cutlery or serviettes and wasn't even wiped from the diners previous to us. I also noticed that everyone seemed to be getting 'complimentary' cheese bread except our table.. and we were members and celebrating a birthday too. It kind of felt like once they got you to your table, it's your duty from there on. Want drinks, a clean table, cutlery and serviettes? do it yourself.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Jeremy J, Manager at Brothers Leagues Club, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Hi Beiberhole69,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lanterns. We appreciate all of your feedback :-)

“Good Buffet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

It's a buffet - not 5 star, but you're not paying 5 star prices.
Good value for money, the complimentary cheese bread was delicious.
The staff were all very friendly & efficient.
It's light, airy, clean & relaxing & bigger than it looks.
As mentioned in other reviews, the dishes are duplicated both ends of the servery, so there's not actually the variety you first think. However, there was ample variety of salads, veg, pastas, Asian, soups, 2 roast meats and fish as well as the delicious cakes, fruit, jelly, hot desserts, custard, cream, mousse and of course the soft serve ice cream machine.
We all left more than satisfied and will most certainly be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Jeremy J, Management at Brothers Leagues Club, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi RozfromOz! First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Lanterns. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. The reason we have decided to duplicate the buffet is to ease congestion ensuring a better flow, reducing wait times. Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to offer your feedback and we will see you again soon :-)
Cairns
“Terrible Service not Once but TWICE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Basically went up to Cashiers waited to be served whilst cashier just looked at me going about her duties. Duty manager standing there talking to another staff member clearly seeing me there waiting still stood around the three of them. Call me old fashion but where is the customer service these days. It takes one second to acknowledge a patron. Second time its happened!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Iteja89, Thanks for taking the time to offer us your feedback. I have sent you a private message as I would like to know more details surrounding your recent visit to our venue. We hope to see you again in the future. Thanks :-)
“Can't go past it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Its Monday and we have just had another great lunch at Brothers. Lyn and her staff are friendly and very accommodating, there is an endless supply of tasty food, from the complimentary cheesy toast when you arrive to soup, salads, Asian and Carvery foods, lasagne, chips, spring rolls etc, deserts, including warm apple crumble and bread and butter pudding with a soft serve ice cream machine and toppings. Become a member for a couple of $$ and its even cheaper.This is the best all you can eat lunch in Cairns

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jeremy J, Marketing at Brothers Leagues Club, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hi Learne G!

We are glad you enjoyed your meal at Lanterns! Thank you for your support and your feedback :-)
“Disappointing lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We haven't been here for quite sometimes. Years ago we took the whole family for a buffet lunch here and it wasn't too bad, so we thought this time we'd be okay too. I must admit for $20 it's a good value for those who love their food regardless of the taste and qualities. Alas! I'm not one of those. The soup tasted a bit off and although there were varieties of food choices, none was presented in a way that was appealing. The green salad looked rather tired and limp. The Chinese food (which was never my favourite) didn't look too bad but I didn't try any of it. My Latte was made by an unhappy young man who ignored me while he was busy wiping down the counter. When he did finally acknowledge me it wasn't at all friendly. And the coffee was just average. I won't be back for the buffet.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jeremy J, at Brothers Leagues Club, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hi LaLiaLuna, I'm sorry you were disappointed with your recent visit. Thank you for your review and especially the detail you provided, your feedback will enable us to make improvements in the areas you have highlighted :-)