We stayed there for 6 nights back in July 2010 (sorry for delay in reviewing).
We really enjoyed our stay. We had 4 people originally booking 2 rooms, but they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom suite across the street. Amazing amount of space, nice kitchen, big living room, spacious bedrooms and baths. We didn't mind the walk to downtown Cairns, twice we walked there and back, once we walked down and decided to catch a cab back (after a very filling dinner). The hotel itself is in a nice tree-lined suburban neighborhood on the outskirts of town. It is a very safe area. The staff was really friendly and helpful. They helped us with booking a last minute Barrier Reef trip (our second) and with a Daintree/Cape Tribulation Tour. They also assisted us with our rental car for a day trip to Kuranda. On our second to last night we ate at the Bay Leaf and it was excellent, great food and service. On our last night they recommended a great Italian restaurant downtown. My only complaint would be that the pool was too cold to use.
1. Spacious suite/rooms.
2. Fantastic restaurant
3. Excellent, friendly and helpful staff
1. Little far from downtown (15 min. walk) if you don't mind walking this isn't really a Con.
2. Pool was too cold to use
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Bay Village Tropical Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Hotel Cairns
- Bay Village Tropical Retreat Cairns