The staff are really friendly and welcoming here, and I felt right at home STRAIGHT away, great! The only sucky thing about this place is how ridiculously far out it is from absolutely everything, if it weren't for that I'd give it a full-on rating. I didn't care in the end that I was sharing a room cause the person I was sharing with was nice- the place has a pool- there are evening activities and two kitchens, which is handy too.
- Also Known As:
- Calypso Inn Backpackers Hotel Cairns
- Calypso Inn Backpackers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s a tropical paradise mon! Come soak up the chilled global vibe at Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort, Cairns’ coolest crashpad. Any more relaxed we’d be horizontal! Swaying palms, smooth tunes and swinging hammocks, that’s the Calypso way. Chill poolside with new friends in the Queensland sunshine by day then check out free nightly entertainment at Zanzibar Bar & Grill, our friendly hostel pub. When the taste buds bite, enjoy a pool-side breakfast or Aussie BBQ dinner at Zanzibar, or whip up your own masterpiece in our great communal kitchen. The Calypso crew are here for you and we know our stuff. Between us all there’s over 65 years of hostel and travel know-how so you’re in expert hands from the moment you arrive. We go the extra mile to make you smile, with a free tour booking service, free return transfers to the airport, bus station and central Cairns and WiFi now available in all rooms. Come catch some Calypso chill vibe when you pass through Cairns! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.