It's obvious that this is an older hotel, but my fiance and I still really enjoyed our stay. The room was huge! It had a queen bed, a twin bed, kitchen area with sink and mini fridge, and a kitchen table. It was the most spacious of any room we had during our visit to Australia. It was clean but nothing fancy. The staff was courteous and helpful. Washer and dryer units are also available on site. It's location isn't ideal, but Cairns is not a big city so nothing is too far away. It's a little out of the way from the downtown area with the bars and restaurants but if you're ok with this, I'd recommend checking it out. Overall, for the price, this place was definitely worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cairns Queenslander is one of Cairns most popular accommodation & restaurant properties and is your ideal comfortable base from which to discover the surrounding natural beauty of the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Property location is ideally situated within easy walking distance to the Cairns Esplanade waterfront, numerous restaurants, convenience shopping and for our corporate clientele close to Cairns Central Business District. Conveniently divided into two separate buildings, you're offered a superb choice of accommodation options. The east wing provides AAA rated 4 Stars (DELUXE) modern contemporary designed hotel rooms, one & two bedroom serviced apartments. Separated by undercover walkway is our west wing AAA rated 3.5 Stars (STANDARD) traditional Queenslander style suites & family two bedroom serviced apartments. All guest rooms are styled for comfort and your convenience; include air-conditioning, ceiling fans, refrigerators, flat-panel TV, FREE Wi-Fi access and your very own private balcony where you can sit out and enjoy Cairns tropical climate. We also certainly take your health and wellbeing seriously; bedroom mattresses and pillows prior to your arrival have been naturally sanitized using the 'Sleep Easy' revolutionary cleaning system. Property features include two swimming pools, 24 hours manned reception, on-site car parking and Cairns favourite char-grill restaurant (Steak on Lake) open daily for breakfast & dinner. Excellent location: the Cairns Queenslander is ideally situated only a short stroll to the North Esplanade parklands, from there you can enjoy a pleasurable walk along the Esplanade walking track (enormous variety of native birdlife, including wild pelicans & lorikeets can be seen daily) towards the lagoon swimming pool and heart of the city. Our friendly staff look forward to welcoming you. Enjoy Your Stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Cairns Queenslander Hotel and Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Queenslander Apartments Hotel Cairns
- Queenslander Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Queenslander Hotel