We really enjoyed staying in this hostel. Whilst it wasn’t the cleanest of places, the rooms were a good size, the facilities were great and there was plenty to keep us entertained (swimming pool, pool table, darts, table tennis, book shelves etc). When buying a $5 drink you could get a free evening meal, not gourmet cuisine but certainly tasty and filling. The distance to the town centre may put some off but we walked the twenty minutes down the magnificent esplanade every day and it’s a great walk. The hostel does offer a free shuttle bus into town if needed. They also run events such as pub crawls and football tournaments but they aren’t greatly advertised so look out for them. Our only issues were the cost of the wireless internet, the stingy breakfast and the shortage of plug sockets in the rooms. However we enjoyed our stay so much, we stayed an extra two nights. Would recommend staying here.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Serpent Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Nomads Serpent Cairns Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nomads Cairns backpackers resort is a 4 ½ star AAA rated budget accommodation with resort style facilities and onsite Serpent Bar, and has been designed to provide you with a great night's sleep. Located only minutes away from the Cairns Esplanade, gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, it includes everything you need to enjoy Tropical North Queensland in style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Tingo, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Nomads Cairns Backpackers and Serpent Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.