“Good price for centrally located accommodation” 4 of 5 stars

The Bellview
85 - 87 The Esplanade, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Ranked #21 of 66 hotels in Cairns
Perth, Australia
“Good price for centrally located accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

It has been nice to stay at Bellview. The people are friendly and helpful, and they have tours available at the counter for us. It is centrally located right at the middle of The Esplanade. Surrounded by restaurants and just at the waterfront area too. The only down part of it, is they don't have parking area. We had to park at the side of the road, overnight is free but during the day is pay parking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Lovely place, seems like a backpackers place, nice price, nice rooms, can walk anywhere in town. Many restaurants around, very convenient for airport shuttle, can remember what else to say, but i enjoyed there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Shoal Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Well me and my girlfriend haven't stayed at the Bellview since August 2013 but after reading your review we will be back.You failed to mention the excellent security I remember the long haired gentleman and all the excellent staff you were so busy winging that you failed to mention all the wonderful points like old world charm about this classic older time-peace, best location,best value,best service etc(ie they know how save other patrons from wingers).You come to the Bellview looking peace you'll get it,come looking for trouble you will feel like your in an ejection seat.Well done everyone well be back!

Room Tip: En suits are great for couples.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakwood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Reasonable, & very clean room. It was ideal for what we were looking for. The staff was very, very friendly. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for the price. I would definitely stay again :-)

Room Tip: As a family of mom and 2 grown children the motel room with private bathroom was the right choice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed for three days here and were very happy. The locations is great, right across from the lagoon. The place is clean and tidy with laundry, kitchen etc.
The room we choose had a fan and that was fine without air con and the pool is nice too. Beds are comfy and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cairns Region, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Long hair male receptionist service attitude is very poor! Yesterday, 27/1/14, 8:30 am I check out, I want keep luggage in the hotel, the staff told me after 6:30 pm keepbag need to receive three dollars fee, no problem, I gave the fee! 5:30 p.m. I went to the hotel want to keep one more bag of luggage, this long-haired male staff asked me luggage receipt, I said to him, I am sorry, your cstaff in the morning did not give me a receipt, I dont have receipt, and then He was not satisfied with me, you do not give me a receipt, I need receive luggage fee again! I talk him again !is your staff did not give me a receipt! Then he opened the luggage room, talk to me, you do not understand what I say! If you understand that, you are immediately taken away all your luggage!!! But after he finished off the door immediately! ! ! I was already very angry! He was very rude! Very unfriendly! I do not charge fees for the issue and angry! It is his attitude problem! After dinner I get back to the hostel take all my luggage! I told him I want to pick up the luggage! He did not bother me, I told him more than once, he asked me, poor attitude, do I need him to help me open the door, I said yes! ! ! Then I waited a minute or two with friends before he opened the door to me! ! ! This hotel is the right way to treat guests? I will never patronize! ! ! Horrible! ! !

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
BellviewCairns, Manager at The Bellview, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
As manager of The Bellview, I take very seriously complaints concerning the conduct of my staff.

I have spoken to the staff member concerned and wish to apologise on his behalf.

I hope the rest of your holidays spent in Australia are enjoyable.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My boyfriend and i recently stayed in the bellview for 3 days, whilst exploring the great barrier reef. This is budget accomadation for those who still want to see these amzaing places, but dont have the budget to pay that much. My boyfriend and i were on holiday and this suited us well and for the price we could not complain at all. If you were staying longer than 3/4 days, like 2 weeks, perhaps you would not choose this place as it does have a shared bathroom. But if you are staying for longer you can upgrade for another 10 dollars to a motel room and have you own bathroom. The rooms are clean and in such a good location opposite the lagoon and right near the pick up for the great barrier reef tours.
The reception staff are excellent offering advice/trips/transport and arranging everything for you. Super helpful and very organised.

Room Tip: no resturant or room service at this accomadation.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bellview? Share your experiences!