We stayed at the Reef Gateway apartments for 4 nights from the 14th - 18th August. The room was exactly what we were hoping for, considering we had out 5 month old son on the journey with us. We were given a townhouse at the rear of the building, which was quiet & made getting everything to and from the car a breeze. The room was spacious & the bed was comfortable. Having a washing machine & dryer made our holiday that much easier with our baby. We were close enough to the esplanade to enjoy the nightlife, but far enough away to avoid the noise. The location was a perfect base for our travels and close to the Airport. The owners were very friendly, although, we were so busy enjoying the perfect Cairns weather, that we didn't have a chance to speak to them very much. I have taken 1 star off for just a couple of small things
1. Having a baby, it was very important to be able to use the bath, however, when we went to bath our baby on our 1st night, we realised the plugs provided didn't fit the bath tub, there were no replacement plugs in the room. (This was nothing a $3 plug from Woolworths didn't fix & we left it for the next people to enjoy).
2. There was rubbish left in the bathroom from the previous occupants, which while did not inconvenience us, is something you don't expect to see.
3. It wasn't warm enough to use Air Conditioning, but was warm enough to use the Pedestal fan provided, the only problem being, there was no practical power point to plug the fan into! Not keen on plugging it in directly next to our faces while we slept, we just went without. Possibly an extension cord would assist in the future
All up however, it was a fantastic place to stay & we will be back in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We can offer you self-contained holiday accommodation in 1 or 2 bedroom apartments that contain everything that you want to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible. We are located an easy 15 minute walk from the centre of Cairns and the stunning Esplanade Lagoon, and just one block from the Esplanade. Your apartment can be a ground floor apartment with patio, a balcony apartment or a townhouse style apartment. For the person who likes to keep in contact with work and friends, we offer wireless internet in all apartments. All apartments are fully air-conditioned with ceiling fan in the lounge room. Included in each apartment is a full kitchen, laundry and a large lounge room with free Austar cable television. Relax by our floodlit salt water swimming pool complete with spa. The adjoining gas barbecue, surrounded by tropical plants, is in the pool area, and is set in the centre of the property far away from the sounds of traffic. We have an accredited Tour Desk, where we can assist you in the selection of the best tour for you. We do not have preferred operators, so our advice is unbiased and the service is free of charge. All major tour operators will pick you up from our front door and return you to your accommodation at the end of the day. Car hire can be arranged, and we will assist you with maps and advice to help you plan your self-drive excursions. Hire car pick up from the Airport can also be arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Reef Gateway Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Gateway Apartments Cairns