We stayed at Coconut Resort in a Luxury Villa for 2 adults & 2 children in July/Aug 2014.
Overall it exceeded our expectations with friendly and helpful staff, wonderful facilities with most free in-house, lots of things to do with our 4 & 5 year old children to keep them entertained all day long. Grounds were exceptional and it has a safe and happy feel about the Resort.
The 2 good things that we noticed if you want a real “family” holiday is no swim up drinking pool bar and no kids club.
It was relaxing for parents aswell and with activities like water aerobics and tennis which meant there was a lot to do for both adults and children. My children really enjoyed the Bingo morning and the water parks kept them entertained for hours. Ability to book tours at main desk was an advantage plus having a Café/Restaurant open for breaky, lunch and at night when you didn’t feel like cooking, was an added bonus within the Resort. My children thoroughly enjoyed the Movie Nights and all of the activities like mini golf, playground, jumping pillow and engine rides. Plus free pancake Thursday was a hit with everyone and great way to meet other travelling people within the resort. We were able to say within the Resort for a few days and just enjoy the facilities that they had in-house.
Free courtesy bus to Cairns CBD and back was great with ability to order online via Woolies for initial grocery shop plus IGA, other shops & McDonalds in walking distance. Resort is not that far out of the CBD (7km's) from memory.
Our Villa suited us with our own bbq, washing machine & dishwasher and a bit more space with 2 rooms with pre-school children and we stayed 8 nights.
Resort was 80% yet it didn't feel 'busy' with people and was quiet in the morning and lots of land space with various travelling people staying there ie. families, couples etc.
Overall we would recommend this to other families as this was recommended to us by travelling friends and would be happy to return and visit the Resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly self-contained accommodation with the most amazing range of free activities including SPLASH water park, mini golf, the NEOS interactive playground, two resort pools, monster Jumping Pillow, tennis court and much, much more. Accommodation choices range from luxury three bedroom Condos, fully self contained Villas with two bathrooms to Tropical Cabins for those on a budget.Multi award winning including the 2013 Australian Tourism Award for Best Tourist & Holiday Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Coconut Holiday Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Caravan Coconut Resort