We chose the Coconut Resort specifically as a place to keep our 20 month-old entertained. We figured a happy baby was a necessary basis for a happy holiday.
The CCHR has great facilities for kids from 18m to teenage, with great pool & spalsh park facilities, pedal carts, tennis, climbing equipment, a games room and more.
The park is well designed, with the family-friendly cabins/villas are close to all the kids amusements, while the grey nomads and their camp sites are on the other side where it's a bit quieter.
There are planned events every day, it reminded me a bit of a cruise liner.
We stayed in 2 bdr villa. The villa was of a good size, though we had to put the baby cot on top of a bunk bed. The one negative was the Queen bed in the main bedroom was soft and sagged awfully at the edges.
We requested and got a villa with an upright oven/cooktop. We were able to bake muffins & slices on our first couple of days that saw us through the week.
A/C was great, but as we were there in July, we didn't use it much. We had two TVs, but as our little one was either sleeping or keeping us busy, we didn't use the main bed TV.
The free WiFi wasn't very good. Even as an IT tech I found it painful to use and just stuck with using my own personal hotspot from my phone, as mobile reception was good in the area.
Service was friendly and quality.
The attached mini-mart was good. The nearest IGA was somewhere around 7 mins walk (though you may need 5 mins to walk to the front gate) so it was convenient. They had a fair range for the sort of stuff families and nomads wound need, open until 7.30pm most/all nights.
We only went to the café alongside the mini-mart once, on our first night. We ordered fishermans' baskets and it was awful and quite expensive. We didn't go back for the rest of the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly self-contained accommodation with the most amazing range of free activities including SPLASH water park, mini golf, the NEOS interactive playground, two resort pools, the biggest Jumping Pillow in the Southern Hemisphere and much much more. Accommodation choices range from luxury three bedroom Condos, fully self contained with two bathrooms to Tropical Cabins for those on a budget.Multi award winning including the 2013 Australian Tourism Award for Best Tourist & Holiday Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Coconut Holiday Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Caravan Coconut Resort