Cairns is a beautiful place to be sure. If your intention is to spend that time relaxing by a pool in a tropical setting, the Coconut holiday resort is the place to do it.
The resort is a few km's out of town. To get to it, you will need to take a bus, cab or have your own car. When you get to the resort, you will find that some of the bungalows have space for a car to park, very convenient. The staff was always friendly and eager to suggest any tours they thought might be worthwhile. The resort has several amenities, such as several pools, jacuzzis and even its own small water park. It also has an outdoor cinema, a game center and a bike path as well as a mini store and restaurant. You could spend your entire time in Cairns at the resort and not get bored.
The bungalows themselves are very nice. Each has a TV, refrigerator and cook top. Ours was a two bedroom villa with separate bedrooms and each had its own AC unit. This was very handy as my traveling companions prefer a higher temp than I do. The buildings are not serviced daily so you will need to clean up after yourself.
My one complaint about the resort are the draconian internet rules. You are only allowed 3 hours or 100MB of download, whichever comes first. If you hit these limits, you need to wait till midnight to start using the internet again. The speeds were also slow as well. Be wary of these limits if bringing your laptop.
Final thought: A great place to relax and take life easy in Cairns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly self-contained accommodation with the most amazing range of free activities including SPLASH water park, mini golf, the NEOS interactive playground, two resort pools, monster Jumping Pillow, tennis court and much, much more. Accommodation choices range from luxury three bedroom Condos, fully self contained Villas with two bathrooms to Tropical Cabins for those on a budget.Multi award winning including the 2013 Australian Tourism Award for Best Tourist & Holiday Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Coconut Holiday Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Caravan Coconut Resort