“This place is unreal, loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort

You added Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort to your Saves list
Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort
23-51 Anderson Road, Cairns, Queensland 4868, Australia (Formerly Cairns Coconut Caravan Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Cairns
“This place is unreal, loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

We have just spent Easter 2008 at this incredible Resort here in Cairns. It is a standalone identity in its own rights. We were greeted on arrival in reception by very friendly and helpful staff, to the right we could see a very large display of Awards the park has won annually, North Queensland Awards, Queensland State Awards and the National Australian Tourism awards, spanning down through the years.
Geared up with Maps and information, we made our way down beautiful manicured lawn clad streets with tropical palms and plants of all kinds boarding the lawns to our Deluxe Villa, with very charming décor that boasted all modern conveniences. All which help to make our stay just perfect.

Our appreciation so far, was nothing compared to the exhilaration we had exploring this incredible park, discovering the spotlessly clean amenities and the activities available to all, including pools and family areas. It is a child and parents dream Holiday Park alike.
Family lazed around the pools and beside the playgrounds, or playing together the 18 hole putt putt golf, billiards, tennis and table tennis, enormous jumping pillow which were top fun for the adults wanting to find the kid within themselves again… the list of activities is just too great to list, four days was not long enough to try everything, particularly when you have small children who just could not get beyond the garden pool with a whale slide and the extensive children’s playground.. Breakfast could not be eaten fast enough to get out into the day and fun there was to be had. We thoroughly recommend Coconut Caravan Park to all; they have everything to suit everyone’s needs, from luxury to camp sites for the adventurer... Why did it take us so long to find something so wonderful right at our own front door here in Cairns

• Liked — The Activities
  • Disliked — All Good
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Weipa, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2007

I wish i had photo's, coming from Weipa i am glad i found this resort through our travel-agent. The park is so clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, a safe place for the kids to enjoy themselves and for the parents, well what can i say!. Was just the place to relax. No need to go anywhere else in the city, all the entertainment you need in one beautifull, clean, safe, and great hospitality park...
Thank-you for a wonderfull, family enjoing stay. Will be back every school holidays forsure....

Mara Family,
Weipa

• Liked — all of the above was great for me and my Family
  • Disliked — Nothing - No Comment
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

What a great resort, kids loved it, lovley staff, very clean and comfy rooms ( we where in a villa).
Great areas for the kids to play...
Will be staying there again.

• Liked — everything...
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2006

We live in Cairns and drive past this resort everyday, we decided to book a campsite there and have a better look.

First impressions are great, they have a nice fountain as you come in. The playground is great, our 5 year old had a good time running around and exploring it. We went for a swim in the Sun Lagoon and the Garden Pool, both were very well presented and clean. My son enjoyed the Garden Pool more as it has a slide aboout 7-8ft tall allowing him to slide on his belly into the pool. The Sun Lagoon has a Whale slide which is great for 2-5 year olds and a heated spa for the us! :).

I coudln't get over how many BBQ's were onsite, a couple of the major ones have fridges as well. We enjoyed playing Tennis, Ping Pong (Table Tennis), Mini Golf, Jumping Pillows and played Chess.

Me and my son hired out two of the pedal go-karts and these a brilliant, although they cost $10 per hour they are great fun to get around on, and would probably say is the best "attraction" for myself.

Although we didn't stay there I can say that the Unit/Villas/Condos are very very tidy and look very classy. I give this place a 5/5 for a family resort and rate it higher that the Radisson Treetops and Rydes Reef Plaza resort in Port Douglas.

The staff are very helpful and are nice natured. Definately going back and the next time relatives come up I know where to send them.

• Stayed June 2006
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2006

My gut feeling was to give this resort 4* but I couldn't think of a fault. The reason that I have hesitated to give it 5* is that we didn't make good use of the facilities but that was for personal reasons so I don't think I can mark it down based on our lack of experience. There is plenty for children to see and do for 7 nights though I think most children would tire of all day swimming and bouncing after 7-10 days.

There is a lovely family pool 'sun lagoon' with two spas and a slide and it is quite shallow over-all and shaded. Definitely a family area rather than for serious swimming. Surrounding are pergolas with BBQs, toilets and a shower - a nice place to spend the evening cooking dinner with friends. The garden pool I would give the flick. My husband took our girls there and didn't think anything of it until he saw the 'sun lagoon' and realised what the children had missed. Our four year old loved the bouncing pillows (the biggest in the world they claim) but the sand flies were horrific come dusk. The same can be said for much of Cairns which would be my biggest warning. The play area is fantastic, but we never used the mini golf or the entertainment building where movies are shown etc, nor the other sporting facilities.

There are several BBQs around the site in adequate numbers, and a couple of laundries. Avoid the laundries in the evening and on Sunday afternoon. I would've commented that three washing machines and three driers isn't enough but it was ample when I first used the laundry, but not nearly enough when I used it again one evening. Thankfully we have friends who are locals so we used their laundry too.

We spent seven nights in a deluxe villa. It was good to have a carport - at this time of year you experience quite a lot of rain. The patio was a reasonable size and mostly covered (with a hanging rail behind the handrail which was a good way to dry towels without losing them over the side). The lounge/dining was a bit pokey with our two young children and several toys (one had a birthday while we were there) but the kitchen was very decent for holiday accommodation. Unfortunately we didn't make good use of it like we expected, so we'd have been better off saving the $20 difference per night and taking a standard villa. We didn't use the spa as anything other than a bath and we laughed when we realised the advertised 'mood lighting' was simply a dimmer switch on a single recessed spot light in the bathroom! So really we didn't get any use out of the extra facilities of a deluxe villa.

I found the queen bed quite hard and the pillows rock solid - I borrowed pillows from my friend on the third day! This may be the norm though now as we experienced the same thing in Townsville the night before arriving in Cairns.

We joined the Big4 club while we were there ([--]big4[-] I think...). The discount is low at 10% and maximum $30 per stay but it is better than nothing. It costs just $40 for two years and we saved $30 on this stay so we'll definitely recover our money as there are around 165 member holiday parks around Australia to stay at.

The staff were very good, booking a number of tours for us. They were always friendly and helpful. The mini mart on site isn't as well-equipped as the brochures had me believe. I was also surprised there is no ATM on site, and not particularly near either. The mini mart staff said the main reception will let you withdraw cash with EFTPOS but they said they wouldn't do it until after midday as they need lots of cash in the morning to return key deposits. This was bad timing for me, and annoying. They will give change for the laundry etc however.

We didn't use the bus to the city option as we had our own car. I did try to book four night at this resort and three at a city hotel so that we could eat out and walk back but this resort wouldn't book less than seven nights at this peak period. It wasn't really any loss to us in the end, but the 6km to the city centre could be annoying for people who want to get out and about every day.

All up the facilities are very good, the accommodation is adequate and clean, the resort is quiet, the staff are very nice and Cairns is the gateway to many wonderful things.

• Stayed April 2006
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2005

Fantastic family resort, plenty of activities for the kids. Great accomodation options. Friendly, helpful staff A++++

Been to Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!