“Coconuts In Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort

You added Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort to your Saves list
Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23-51 Anderson Road, Cairns, Queensland 4868, Australia (Formerly Cairns Coconut Caravan Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Coconuts In Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I got into Cairns at 18:30 and couldn't believe all the hotels in the central city were full! I only wanted an overnight as I was flying back to New Zealand the next morning. I wasn't going to pay $550 for a suite for the night in the one hotel I dd find a room in, so solicited some help. The lovely lady at Best Western felt sorry for me I think, (they were full), and phoned around for me. She found a spot at the Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort for $180. She apologised that it was a bit out of town (10 mins) but it was now about 20:30 and I was tired so it sounded great!

And it was! The office lady held the door open for me and signed me in, for my luxury cabin. She didn't charge the surcharge and gave me the cabin keys. What a little gem. Normally for a family so I had plenty of room. Very clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. The perfect retreat for a good nights sleep.

I'm sad to say I didn't get much of a look around in the morning but from what I did see it looked like a fantastic place to spend some time with the family, or as a couple. The grounds were nicely laid out and beautifully maintained. Nice pools and a cafe. People all looked happy and relaxed.

I would stay here again in preference to the central city when I return to Cairns!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Too varied to say
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

stayed at " the Coconut" for five nights. The facilities were good but the staff were amazing. We booked this place because they have tons of stuff for little kids, but it turns out that the pools are not heated and a little cool in August. However they have a load of other fun stuff for kids and free things every day - like evening outdoor kids movies!

When we arrived we were tired and didn't want all the mucking about - so they simply dropped us off at our villa and said we'd sort it in the morning!

Then I asked them for advice on tours and everything they suggested was great!

Finally, my son got really sick - soiled the bed, vomited all over the lounge etc. They were so nice, helpful and understanding. It made a horrible situation a little easier to handle.

Also, the people who run the little shop are lovely!

Finally the food and staff at the cafe/restaurant were also good.

The only negative is that our Villa had NO wifi. I had to walk over to the laundry area every day to get wifi - which did suck but did not ruin the holiday.

I WILL stay there again and I WILL recommend it to friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CCHRManagement, Manager at Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and for the glowing praise about the staff here at the resort. We do endeavour to come through with great customer service at all times as it not only makes the customers stay the best but assisits the staff in their work day in and day out. We are pleased to have been able to assist you when your son was ill and hope that he is now well and truly over his illness. I have also passed on your comments to the folk leasing the shop and cafe. Thank you again for your review and look forward to your next stay with us.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had stayed 2 years prior to this trip. It was with 3 other couples and the park was excellent. This was a different experience as I was with my own children and their partners plus our grandchildren. I appreciated the park even more as it has so much for children and gave us much pleasure in seeing the kids having so much fun The water playground with the big pineapple is still being talked about weeks later,You will not find a better water playground! The other pools , playground , mini golf, pedal carts, tennis court,bbq's, free pancake morning, good service and more are all there. You don't need to go anywhere. The park has everything one would need regardless of what age you may be.. The grounds were immaculate and we hope to be back there in the next year or 2 in our caravan with or without the kids.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunset Lagoon Villas opposite the pool. Great for 2 couples to share with kids . 3...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CCHRManagement, Manager at Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of you recent stay with us here at the Resort. We are so pleased to read that you have been able to enjoy all the activities that we have on offer here at the Resort and that the family are still talking about their experience.
We do endeavour to keep the Resort in pristine condition at all times and to ensure that customer service levels are kept at a friendly and professional level. We look forward to seeing you next time you stay with us here at the Resort.
cairns, qld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

My wife booked our stay at the resort after viewing their website and discussing the holiday with me. It was advertised at $150 pn for a spa villa but when she called to book she was promptly told that it was $200 pn due to high season. She booked it anyway. We stayed for two nights so perhaps this had something to do with the price!

Service on arrival was faultless! Staff were very friendly and professional. They paid special attention to our son which was nice.

The room was spacious and clean. The glass table on the living area perhaps not a good idea for a family room! No daily servicing either!

The main bedroom had a small ensemble bed which is less than ideal. I'm only 178cm tall and it was impossible to lie out flat without either my feet hanging off the end or my face being rubbed by curtains that hang far to low at the head of the bed.

TV in the room are good but no kids channels. (appart from abc). Sport channels are good but having a pin code required screen showing during the rugby game was frustrating.

The spa in the bathroom is okay. It is not very powerful and really just makes bubbles rather than providing any therapeutic value.

Toilet seat won't stay up making it hard to toilet train children.

Overall, it is good but not $200 worth of good! More about $150 worth of good. Take into account that the resort isn't exactly in the heart of the city.

The park for kids is good too. Similiar what you can enjoy for free on the esplanade.

Would I pay the same price to stay here again?- no!

Would I stay here again for $150 a night- I think that would be a yes.

Pluses- staff! (seems that moral at the resort is great), room size is great, free inclusions(park), cleanliness.

Negatives- price, location, size of bed and design of bedroom, spa, no kids channels for when parents need a break! (even a movie channel aired to the rooms would be good)

• Stayed August 2012
We thank you for your review but have to advise that we are little lost as to your comment regarding the bed size in the Spa rooms. The bed is in fact a full size Queen bed that should suits most persons and therefore am lost how you did not find it suitable for your size. We have taken into account your comments regarding the curtain and am looking into haveing them shortened so that they do not come so close to the bed head. Again thank you for your review and trust your juorney home was a safe one.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed one week here with our 3 young kids and have to say this is a really great place for a family holiday. Although the resort itself is located next to the busy Bruce Highway, it is beautifully landscaped and a short drive to downtown Cairns (6km away) and other attractions. We stayed in a Tropical Ensuite Cabin which was good, very clean with modern fittings, and spacious patio area to sit out in. If you have young kids, they will love this place.... there's a great water-park which our kids couldn't keep out of, plus another couple of large outdoor pools, with water-slides, jacuzzi pools etc etc. There's also a really good kids playground with loads of innovative features, plus plenty of other things to keep them going. Family movies are shown on a big outdoor screen every couple of nights, which again was really enjoyable. As other reviews have stated, the staff really are top notch here, incredibly helpful and just very nice people overall ! Not actually that cheap but for what you get, its well worth the money and I'm pretty sure your kids will have the time of their lives !

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

More than we ever expected. Very clean, lots of free activities, beautiful place, staff extremely helpful and approachable. The only let down was the cafe (privately run) and very disappointing... Easily fixed by eating out or at camp site. If management could influence the cafe to lift standards to match the park the whole experience there would be SASS
Will certainly recommend this park to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012
CCHRManagement, Manager at Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
We are delighted to read that we have exceeded your expectations in terms of cleanliness, activities and friendly helpful staff. I have taken up your comments with the people in the cafe and hope to see a turn around in the very near future. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and hope to see you again some time soon at the resort.
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Lots to do for kids. Very clean large Holiday Park. Friendly, helpful staff. Expensive relative to other holiday parks, but worth it for the kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CCHRManagement, Manager at Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for your review written following your stay with us in July. We are most pleased to read that you stayed here on the strength of what you have read on Trip Advisor and to see that we have met your expectations is even better. We do pride ourselves here at the Resort on great customer service as well providing a great range of activities for kids of all ages to enjoy.
We also note your comments regarding the proximity of some cabins to the road but can advise that most are built with extra insulation etc to overcome road noise in that area. Again thank you for taking time to write a review and trust your journey home was a safe and enjoyable one.

Been to Cairns Coconut Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!