I live in Queensland and came up to Cairns with my family over the school holidays. We didn't know where in Cairns to stay but had heard of Rydges through a friend and got told that the hotel was quite family friendly, close enough to town but not right in centre and had the new council skate park out the front.
After arriving from a 4 hour 'road trip' we were greeted at reception be a very friendly man who was more than willing to assist with our luggage, in fact all the staff seemed more than willing to assist us. We checked in to our hotel room which was very spacious, had a nice balcony with an amazing view out to the ocean.
We found out that there was a little shuttle bus into the city but preferred the 10 minute walk (4 hours in a car was enough). We weren't going to eat in the restaurant but the 'Fire and Ice' buffet was fantastic - the chef cooks in front of you your main and you get your side dishes, pastas, antipasto, salads and desserts from the buffet. Quite well priced and have special childrens rates.
After 3 days in Cairns we headed up to Palm Cove - wish we'd stayed at Rydges Esplanade the whole time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront 12-story Hotel Towers, 3 blocks from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Cairns
- Rydges Cairns