We only had a 3 night stay over new years eve. Firstly, this hotel is NOT on the Esplanade, the Rydges Tradewinds is! Very confusing!
This was a pretty basic hotel, not what you'd expect from a well known brand. The lobby, hallways etc are in need of a refurb although the room was fine. If you wanted to use wifi it costs $23 AUD a day - what the! Time to step into the future (i.e post 2008) and include free wifi Mr.Rydges.
There were a few positives, the room was big and clean (huge bathroom) and the pool was lovely (with cheap pool furniture though). For the money and the fact that this is a international company, they really should give the place a bit of an update.
When we asked the reception for some recommendations they forgot to mention the number of nice restaurants along the pier....not the tacky tourist places on the Esplanade, so do you research before you go otherwise you may feel like you're in Benidorm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront 12-story Hotel Towers, 3 blocks from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Cairns
- Rydges Cairns