We had an oceanview queen room on one of the upper floors and the view was really great. Private balcony overlooking the very large, originally-shaped swimming pool that is surrounded by palm trees and other tropical plants. Very pleasant walk along the esplanade to the beachfront restaurants and the centre of town. Considering the location, and the size and nature of the rooms, etc., we felt this to be reasonable value for money - AUD 456 for three nights room only (we paid almost the same price for a SINGLE night at a hotel at the Ayers Rock Resort - although we are pretty sure that we were ripped off there, but that is another matter).
The only issue we have, is that we feel it is unreasonable for such a high standard of hotel to expect guests to pay for internet access. In all but extremely budget hotels in Europe these days, one expects to have free and unlimited internet access.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns Hotel
- Rydges Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Cairns
- Rydges Cairns
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront 12-story Hotel Towers, 3 blocks from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.