There’s nothing really wrong with this hotel if you get it for a cheap price, it’s just nothing special and needs a good scrub up – it’s old and weary.
Pros – The view (don’t stay lower than the 6th floor if you can help it, also for noise reasons), spacious rooms, comfortable beds, the staff are ok.
Cons – shabby, especially the pool area which is almost embarrassingly shabby, terrible food (don’t bother with room service breakfasts unless your desperate), and it’s not in the center of town – about a 10 minute walk to the main hub, which doesn’t sound that far, but in the heat, it can be uncomfortable (taxi costs less than $10 to get to the center though.) No free wifi in the rooms
If you get this hotel for about $100 a night then ok, but don’t pay any more than that. And don’t expect the staff to go out of their way for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront 12-story Hotel Towers, 3 blocks from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Cairns
- Rydges Cairns