“Epitome of elegance, quality and service” 5 of 5 stars

Pullman Cairns International
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Abbott Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We didn't stay in the hotel (but now wish we did!!) but while searching for a massage decided to rest our weary legs! The concierge and bar staff were so accommodating and rushed our order through so we could have a bite to eat before our massage! The Senior Therapist at the Day Spa deserves a special mention - helping me organise a last minute spray tan, booking me in for a massage and then providing the most relaxing massage I've ever had! Having chronic back pain it was so nice to feel pain free afterwards - I felt absolutely awesome! The sorbet and warm tea in a curtained room afterwards was a fabulous touch! I'll only be getting my massage here when I next visit Cairns!

townsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I overnight in Cairns very often and I always go back here. It is a nice place were to come back to. high standard hotel, without being too pretentious and it offers all you might need for your stay. A small gym but with all you might need, relaxed environment, nice and clean rooms, a good restaurant with buffet and a good room service, helpful staff and spa. a very central location close to good restaurants and the esplanade, for a evening walk and a gelato. Even if I have been trying several hotels in Cairns I always seem to go back here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

People who moan about paying "too much" for breakfast etc lose sight of the fact that they are staying in a luxury hotel. Of course the prices are high!
We thoroughly enjoyed our four-night stay. Front desk staff were sometimes a bit scarce, but were always friendly and professional.
We breakfasted on our balcony overlooking Abbott St and the marina, and we made the 5min walk to the waterfront for dinner each night. It has plenty of options, and dining outdoors and watching the boats is very relaxing.
We would stay here again, notwithstanding their usual bad Australian habit of charging the earth for access to wifi in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having not stayed in a Pullman hotel before, I was hopeful that it would deliver the goods. I picked up a good deal for 5 nights and gave it a shot. Going past in the taxi, my wife exclaimed 'look at that nice hotel' and she was happy to find out that was the one we were staying in. The foyer area reminds me of a great hotel in Penang that we've loved staying in, and the service was very prompt and friendly. The room was quiet and large, with a nice bathroom and good amenities. The only issue we had (apart from that it's always nicer to have a king bed than a queen, but as I said it was a good deal) was that the climate control in the room was not great. It tended to get a bit cold as there was not a lot of variance in the temperature settings (slightly less cold was the warmest it went, unless you turn it off and then the room gets too hot) and the air blows directly over the bed. Apart from that, the breakfast was excellent with lots of options, and the pool was a great place to relax. The gym and sauna facilities were also above average, and the high tea we had one afternoon was a lovely way to spend a few hours in the lounge area. An additional point, the tour desk operators were very helpful, and I'd recommend talking to them to book anything you'd like to do in Cairns. I'd recommend staying in this hotel as it's in a fantastic location for everything from restaurants to tours, and it really makes for a lovely holiday.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My partner and i stayed here in May of this year for 5 nights. We got an amazing deal through the hotel website and were really happy with the cost.
Hotel loby is stunning and the rooms are also great.
We were upgraded to an ocean view room that overlooked the casino.
Nice and central and the tour desk lady is lovely and always wants to help.
As we had 4 days of rain we spent a lot of time indoors and the spa is wonderful.
Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pullman Cairns International? Share your experiences!