“Wish I had spent a few extra dollars for the other Pullman” 3 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Abbott Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Cairns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
NYC
“Wish I had spent a few extra dollars for the other Pullman”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The service here was excellent but the room was dated and the air vent was filthy. I wish I had spent an extra $20 and stayed at the other Pullman. I stared longingly at it from my room during my stay. Very dated. Invest some money into this place Accor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BogartNikki, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am so glad you enjoyed the service provided by the team, I will certainly pass on your positive comments.

I will also investigate the condition of the air vent, I really apreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Thanks again for passing on your feedback.

Pullman Cairns International

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I stay in cairns once a month. This time I thought is try the Pullman. I've stayed here before when it was Sebel.

The first room they put me in smelt damp, however they were able to relocate me right away. The rooms are dated and although I traveling alone they gave me a room with two doubles. It had everything I needed for a business 3 night stay. Breakfast was included daily which saved me on average $20/day. However valet parking was $20 on top of the accommodation.

Walking distance to the casino, all restaurants and the lagoon. The pool area is very nice and there is a gym with free weights!! Lots of them. If you are a runner turn right when you leave the hotel and run along the boardwalk. If you get to the fun ship park it's a nice 7km roundtrip. They also
Have free exercise classes along there in the morning so check the website.

Would defiantly stay in the hotel again. Suitable for couples/singles - didn't see many children. There were a lot of overseas travelers so breakfast was always busy around 730.

• Stayed January 2013
BogartNikki, General Manager at Pullman Cairns International, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Jasmineo84,

Thanks for posting your feedback on Tripadvosor.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with, I was particulary pleased that you the hotels great location and that you came across the newly completed boardwalk to the right of the Hotel. You are right, it's a great run!

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you choose to stay with us when you are next in Cairns.

Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We flew in from Auckland after a direct flight there from Vancouver BC. We stayed for four days at the end of Nov 2013 which was the beginning of our 6 week Australian holiday. We were thrilled with this Hotel, it was stunning in all aspects ( except the charges for WIFI). Front counter staff and house keeping were very friendly and helpful. The pool and deck area were wonderful, the room patio and its views were lovely. The location was also very convinient to all city accesses.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveller,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your comments to our team in both Front Office and Housekeeping.

I really hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Australia!

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cairns in the future.

Daylesford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Despite being an Accor member, this was my first stay in a Pullman Hotel. I was very impressed.

My room was very spacious, comfortable & spotlessly clean. The airconditioning was of the central type rather than a nasty split system and was very quiet. The room had a balcony with chairs and table.

All staff were pleasant, courteous, friendly and very professional.

I really like the ambiance in the lobby - really tall windows give it a pleasant look - reminiscent of colonial style buildings.

For dinner, I had the buffet which was really outstanding. Unusually, it favoured quality over quantity so while not huge, all items offered were a little innovative, beautifully presented and those I sampled were excellent. The standout was the fig salad. The desserts were to die for and also starred little treats like home made marshmallows, jubes and chocolates. The white chocolate truffles with lavender were to die for! I ate way too much dessert..... :-(

By contrast, the breakfast buffet was nice but not outstanding in the way of dinner. The cooked to order omelette was excellent, pastries very ordinary (suspect were frozen/reheated).

The pool deck was great but sadly, I didnt have time to enjoy so will have to return!

Two things that need improvement: Pillows were awful and as there was mention of a "pillow menu" in the compendium so I called and asked for down pillows. Clearly they didnt have any and didnt know what they were as one rock hard pillow and one very lumpy one was promptly provided!! The second thing was a small wall mounted hair dryer - these are just about useless for drying hair, let alone styling. Hotels of this calibre usually provide a proper hair dryer

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveller,

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I will certainly pass on your favourable comments regarding the cleaning of the rooms to our Housekeeping Team.

I am so glad you enjoyed our Dinner Buffet, we are really proud of the product and the presentation, I will certainly be passing on your great feedback to our kitchen brigade.

Also, thanks for the feedback regarding breakfast, I will investigate this further.

Thanks again for the great comments, I sincerely hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back when you next visit beautiful Tropical North Queensland, maybe then you will get the chance to enjoy our great pool area?

All the best,

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great value for money. Walking distance to everything shops, restaurants, cafes, pier, bus stops and other areas of importance. We found catching a bus to other areas of Cairns easy to do so didn't necessarily need a car rental. We only got a rental for a day to drive up to Daintree rainforest. The staff were all so friendly, welcoming and so happy to help, always. The buffet breakfast was fantastic, there was so much variety. The pool area was fantastic, could not have needed anything more.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room, the view is amazing!