Interesting to read how people's travel experiences differ, their appraisals of hotels, and even their perception of distances.
Beginning of April 2010, we stayed one night at the Rydges Tradewinds with an overseas visitor from Germany. Our final destination was Port Douglas, and Cairns only a one-night stopover on our way north. I was unsure about staying in Cairns at all, as, from previous visits almost 16 years ago, I remembered the city as not being very well presented and maintained.
Well, we were all pleasantly surprised:
* the Hotel was great, especially when considering the affordable rates
* spectacular views across the harbor
* a very short walk (!) to the shops and restaurants
* and the town itself was clean and friendly!
My only regret: not having allowed for more time in Cairns. When we do return, I hope we will be able to again stay at the Tradewinds, but this time a few more nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imposing, 7-story Multi-winged Resort Hotel situated on large single site on the Cairns Esplanade directly across from Trinity Bay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Rydges Tradewinds Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Tradewinds Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Tradewinds Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Rydges Tradewinds Hotel