We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and were given a suite (705) on the 7th floor. The room was very large with two very comfortable double beds, a lounge area and great bathroom. There was great view to both the mountains and the bay from the generous verandah. Yes I agree that the rooms are a little dated but ours was perfectly comfortable and clean and well equipped with an espresso machine and all the usual bathroom personal care items. Our housekeeper was delightful and kept our room in great shape and was quick to understand our movements so as not to schedule cleaning while we were in. We had breakfast in the hotel each morning and although the buffet is not as good as we have had in other hotels, they prepare eggs to order and the buffet did have enough range of items to please us.
The pool area is great and the ebar beside the pool offers casual dining which we found good. We also ordered room service on one night and it was delivered hot and promptly.
The location is fantastic for getting out and about and the staff all courteous and helpful. We would book this hotel again in a flash if we return to Cairns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Cairns hotel suites are convenient to Cairns lagoon precinct, where guests can take a dip in the clear, blue water or enjoy sunning on sandy shores. Nearby departure points for The Great Barrier Reef make it easy for guests staying in our Cairns hotel accommodation to explore its incredible natural beauty. The Cairns city centre is also within walking distance and offers premier area shopping and dining hotspots. We offer 246 Cairns hotel rooms exceptionally equipped with desirable features. Most rooms open onto a private balcony overlooking scenic views of the ocean, tropical gardens and swimming pool. All rooms are en-suite and boast complimentary WI-FI, a mini-bar, iron and ironing board and secure safe. Rydges Tradewinds is also pleased to offer recently released movies and games for hire on tablet computers. The cost is just $15 per 24 hours for a tablet which plugs directly into your room TV. Our Cairns hotel executive suites and ocean front rooms include luxurious signature Rydges Dream Beds where guests can rest from the adventures of the day. A variety of Cairns hotel rooms are available to perfectly suit those seeking business, leisure or family accommodation. Dining is available at the onsite restaurant, Drift on the Esplanade, where guests can enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner overlooking the Coral Sea. Spa by the Sea offers guests seeking relaxation luxurious onsite spa treatments. Those staying at the hotel for a Cairns event will appreciate its conference and events facilities, capable of hosting up to 500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Rydges Tradewinds Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Tradewinds Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Tradewinds Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Rydges Tradewinds Hotel